[RELEASE]Slasher

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE]Slasher

Post by mandoman »

The Slasher is a killer. If you want to hunt anything your heart desires, this one will do the job for a good pilot. It takes a bit of practice learning how to use the combination of your ball turrets, with forward and aft lasers, and missiles. It's max speed is a fast 480, and it can turn fairly quickly for it's size. Size, now that's a problem. Well, not really a problem, per say, but a hinderance when docking. I docked this ship manually several times without anything more than a bump here and there. However, when I tried using the docking computers, every station I tried it with refused me docking instructions. I'm not sure why this is the case, unless it's the depth of the ship from top, to bottom that is a worry to station authorities. It's two ball turret arms hang low under the main body of the ship, and the ship is far from small to begin with. I know that there will be several frowns about how much energy I gave this ship, and it's recharge rate, but it needs the extra energy capabilities for the ball turrets. If you will take notice, the ball turret energy sub-units are actually mounted on the turret arm, at the bend. These units take whatever the main reactor (underside of ship) puts out, and maximizes the energy flow. It still is difficlut to keep constant energy if in a heated battle. It's max energy is 550, with a recharge rate of 5.5. Seems like a lot, but it doesn't make this ship invincible. I made it with the job of hunting as it's main role, and I found out the first couple of times out that it can do the job, with restrictions. I had to learn to use it's speed, lasers, ball turrets, and missile load in complete tandum. Anything less was an invitation to destruction. That said, it's got a nasty punch, and I have given it the optional role as a police ship so the pirates won't get it all to themselves. It's max cargo is only 30 tons, which seems small for it's relative size. However, it is not intended for trade, but for hunting/police work. Much of the extra space is for scooping escape pods, and recovering cargo from pirate vessels, or recovering cargo from trading vessels, for the pirate version. Most of the space inside the ship is designed for engine and weapons energy. It has a max missile load of 12, which it needs for the work. I'm sorry if I have over stepped what most will think appropriate for an Oolite ship, but if a ship is meant to be nasty, it needs the power to be nasty.

https://www.box.com/s/31ee4c42797754015b7c

Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE]Slasher

Post by Lestradae »

mandoman, will you, after some time, perhaps publish all of your ships in one pack?

I downloaded them all - they are nice additions to the game visually - but I wished they were not 20 oxps ;)

Cheers

L
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Sure, how do I do that? LOL!! :lol:

Wait, I take that back. I just make one huge shipdata.plist, on huge shipyard.plist, one huge Models folder, and one huge Textures folder, right?

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

mandoman wrote:

Wait, I take that back. I just make one huge shipdata.plist, on huge shipyard.plist, one huge Models folder, and one huge Textures folder, right?
:D
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Smivs wrote:
mandoman wrote:

:D
Smivs, either you're drunk, or that small is an affirmative. :P

Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

mandoman wrote:
When I saw the first image I thought the planet was part of the ship. :lol:

Nice ship, if you do get all of you ships into one I'm gonna add them to my ooniverse.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

mandoman wrote:
Yup, yup, yup & yup :D
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

I'll work on it. The only problem is that I have a lot of ships, and more in the ship building stage, with more ideas as yet untried. I'm not sure how many, and which ones to put in where. Maybe if I separate them into "like ship" releases. :)

Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Shipbuilder »

Mandoman I think this is my favourite ship you have released so far. I think the shape and lighting effects work really well. I also agree that a oxp containing all of your ships would be great. :D
The GalTech Industries Corporation - Building ships to populate the galaxies.

Increase the variety of ships within your Ooniverse by downloading my OXPs

Flying the [wiki]Serpent_Class_Cruiser[/wiki] "Thargoid's Bane"
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Thanks, shipbuilder, I'll see what I can do. I'm sorry, but I had to blow away a few of those Cylon ships of yours when they attacked my mandobat SunBat. I'm afraid they picked on the wrong ship, hehe. :mrgreen:

Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Shipbuilder »

Glad to hear it Mandoman after all we can't have those chrome toasters getting a foothold in the ooniverse :lol:
The GalTech Industries Corporation - Building ships to populate the galaxies.

Increase the variety of ships within your Ooniverse by downloading my OXPs

Flying the [wiki]Serpent_Class_Cruiser[/wiki] "Thargoid's Bane"
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

They are really cool ships, though. When I first saw them swooping in on me, it was like deja vous. :D