[RELEASE] Razor

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE] Razor

Post by mandoman »

The Razor is a quaint little ship, mainly intended as a small cargo ship that could defend itself fairly well. The R&D got out of hand, and it is now more of a "rip your throat out" type ship. Some systems have purchased them as police ships, but the pirates have latched onto it as a killer raider. It definitely gives any hostile ship a close shave.

Specs.:

Max Speed = 500
Max Energy = 450
Energy Recharge Rate = 4.0
Thrust = 45
Max Cargo = 20 tons

https://www.box.com/s/c86428f749be5a098768

Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Razor

Post by Pleb »

I like this ship, looks like a Centauri Fighter from Babylon 5 a little bit! Or one of those 'Egyptian Alien' ships from Stargate. How big is the ship in comparsion to other ships, say a Cobra 3 or an Asp?
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Pleb wrote:
Or one of those 'Egyptian Alien' ships from Stargate.
You mean a death glider? Yeah, I was thinking that. Or something Kilrathi from Wing Commander.
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

Selezen wrote:
You mean a death glider? Yeah, I was thinking that. Or something Kilrathi from Wing Commander.
Probably, I never watched it except the first film they made. Would have been good if they'd just left it there haha! Maybe you could apply a dark texture to this to make it blend into space more, like the other new ship you've recently released mandoman? That would make it an ultimate raider, wouldn't even see it coming!
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4
marcusrg
Deadly
Deadly

Post by marcusrg »

Very good and elegant ship! I Flew with it to Veis, in Galaxy 7, I was attacked by some pirates and I could defend myself quite well with the military lasers... I tried to make a print screen of the Razor flying above the planet but I couldn't make it with the print screen key (ubuntu here). Is there any hint to take the snapshot of the screen?
marcusrg
Deadly
Deadly

Post by marcusrg »

Ok, I did it. Here it is: :D

mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Pleb wrote:
I like this ship, looks like a Centauri Fighter from Babylon 5 a little bit! Or one of those 'Egyptian Alien' ships from Stargate. How big is the ship in comparsion to other ships, say a Cobra 3 or an Asp?
LOL!!! I never even thought of those, though I see what you mean. I was shooting for a "Bird Of Prey" look, without actually copying the Star Trek ships. I think I succeeded. I actually like how the pirate version looks, more than the cargo ship, but the pirate has no advantages technically speaking. :D

It's very close to the Cobra 3 in size, though a bit longer. It's design prohibited the same cargo capacity as a Cobra 3, though.

marcusrg
Deadly
Deadly

Post by marcusrg »

mandoman wrote:
I was shooting for a "Bird Of Prey" look, without actually copying the Star Trek ships. I think I succeeded. I actually like how the pirate version looks, more than the cargo ship, but the pirate has no advantages technically speaking. :D
By the way, is there any "Bird of Prey" OXP?
Rese249er
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rese249er »

[concise]
Yes.
[/concise]
Got all turned around, lost my nav connection... Where am I now?
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

marcusrg wrote:
By the way, is there any "Bird of Prey" OXP?
I released a version of the Romulan Bird Of Prey a while back. It was the first BOP, appearing in the original series. First to sport a cloaking device in Star Trek. I was considering one of the more modern Klingon BOPs, but one of the moderators pointed out that there are copy right issues involved with such things. I added a general copy right notification in the BOP I released. That's why I try to make my designs look a bit different, but on a similar track.

marcusrg
Deadly
Deadly

Post by marcusrg »

Ah, ok. I saw your release, I'll download it. :)
marcusrg
Deadly
Deadly

Post by marcusrg »

@Mandoman, please, in my game, there are two colors on the razor. One black and the other white... I installed de oxp in another computer, and we can only find it in black. Is it random? Thanks.
marcusrg
Deadly
Deadly

Post by marcusrg »

Ok, I found the white razor...
Hijase
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Hijase »

This ship so awesome! It is worth some retexturing and maybe resizing just for the pleasure of making screenshots of it! I love this "alkesh" and "Bird of Prey" feeling so much!

Is it possible to rework this ship just aesthetically, without touching the current specs?

Just make a bit bigger you can for the "V views". Some texturing would be nice though. Big kudos for this one!!! :mrgreen: :D :D :D
Imaginos
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Imaginos »

What's the average asking price of the Razor?