[UPDATED RELEASE] GalCop Rewards v1.0.2 (25-02-2013)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

PhantorGorth
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[UPDATED RELEASE] GalCop Rewards v1.0.2 (25-02-2013)

Post by PhantorGorth »

Long time in the making but finally here:

GalCop Rewards

By the year 3136 GalCop had reached a point where too many pilots were committing lots of minor misdemeanours… docking whilst drunk, breaking speed limits in reduced speed zones, docking without permission, etc. Trying to set fines and penalties hadn’t reduced this ever growing problem. Their latest solution was to replace or augment the stick with a carrot, and so they took the lottery concept as used by the government of Riveis, and the concept of a loyalty reward card system, and merged them together and GalCop Rewards was born.

GalCop Rewards is an OXP that allows you to collect rewards points at participating stations. Every 50 hours, if you have rewards points, you are entered into a lottery. If you win the lottery you win a voucher that can used to save you money.

The vouchers vary and can be such as a percentage off a certain piece of equipment or fuel, or get 1 tonnes of some commodity for every X tonnes bought.

This OXP only has one way to earn Reward Points and that is buying equipment without redeeming a voucher. The main way to earn points is via other OXPs such as Safe Docking. Which is being released at the same time.

This OXP manages the Reward Points, the Lottery, the Vouchers and their redeeming.

Please read the documentation with the OXP for all the details.

It is the aim that further OXPs will be written or updated to make use of GalCop Rewards.

Download:
GalCop_Rewards.1.0.2.oxp.zip

Changes in version 1.0.1:
  • Added "Current Points" to voucher choice screens.
  • All truncate functions in Main.js now use this.screenWidth rather than this.rewardPointsTextMaxLength or hardcoded value.
Changes in version 1.0.2:
  • Removed EQ_FUEL as one of the rewardable equipment. This stops you from getting the points used the for the lottery back just by buying fuel.
  • Removed duplicate EQ_CARGO_BAY from rewardable equipment. (This is a removal of something redundant so not something you can test for.)
  • EQ_RENOVATION now only gives Reward Points for the first purchase without redeem per 50 hours in any system visit. This is to stop players going into battle and then going in for repairs a great way to earn lots of points very quickly.
Edit: Update to version 1.0.2
Last edited by PhantorGorth on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chat and relax with other commanders in the [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/oolite]DS's Seedy Space Bar[/url]. The Coolest Bar in the Eight.

Phantor's OXPs: [EliteWiki] GalCop Rewards and [EliteWiki] Safe Docking
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [NEW RELEASE] GalCop Rewards

Post by SandJ »

When one has a choice of Reward Vouchers to choose from, it would be helpful if it displayed how many vouchers one currently holds.

(Pah! Who were the testers for this OXP, eh?)
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
PhantorGorth
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by PhantorGorth »

SandJ wrote:
When one has a choice of Reward Vouchers to choose from, it would be helpful if it displayed how many vouchers one currently holds.
You only ever hold one.

Phantor
Chat and relax with other commanders in the [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/oolite]DS's Seedy Space Bar[/url]. The Coolest Bar in the Eight.

SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

PhantorGorth wrote:
SandJ wrote:
When one has a choice of Reward Vouchers to choose from, it would be helpful if it displayed how many vouchers Reward Points one currently holds.
You only ever hold one.
Sorry, wrong terminology. I should have said Reward Points.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
PhantorGorth
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by PhantorGorth »

Ok that makes more sense now. I will have a look and see how easy that would be to add.

Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

How many vouchers get me a champagne flute? ;-)
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Selezen wrote:
Buy 6LY of fuel and get 1 voucher. Redeem 10 vouchers for 1 champagne flute. :wink:
PhantorGorth
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by PhantorGorth »

Selezen wrote:
Champagne flutes in the Eight! More like a set of 6 glass tumblers :wink:

Have a look at the wiki page it will explain what vouchers you can win.

PhantorGorth
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by PhantorGorth »

SandJ wrote:
When one has a choice of Reward Vouchers to choose from, it would be helpful if it displayed how many Reward Points one currently holds.
Update made. See top post for link.

SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

PhantorGorth wrote:
Have a look at the wiki page it will explain what vouchers you can win.
Yesterday a competition scratch card fell out of my copy of WebCam Trainspotting For Geeks Monthly which had nearly as many conditions, clauses, footnotes, small print and exceptions as the GalCop Rewards Scheme. Still, at least we don't have to dial a premium rate number and stay on hold for 10 minutes to learn we have won a "Free Champagne Flute Display Box (just pay £10 P&P)". :D
PhantorGorth
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by PhantorGorth »

SandJ wrote:
Still, at least we don't have to dial a premium rate number and stay on hold for 10 minutes to learn we have won a "Free Champagne Flute Display Box (just pay £10 P&P)". :D
Don't give me ideas! :twisted:

Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

PhantorGorth wrote:
SandJ wrote:
Still, at least we don't have to dial a premium rate number and stay on hold for 10 minutes to learn we have won a "Free Champagne Flute Display Box (just pay £10 P&P)". :D
Don't give me ideas! :twisted:
Maybe you could code in that every time the player receives a comms message 10 credits are deducted from the player's money. Or maybe you could make it 100 credits to be more like a premium rate service! :twisted:
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4
PhantorGorth
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by PhantorGorth »

Pleb wrote:
Maybe you could code in that every time the player receives a comms message 10 credits are deducted from the player's money. Or maybe you could make it 100 credits to be more like a premium rate service! :twisted:
The equivalent would be special contact to claim vouchers. "You have won a voucher with prize code Viper Viper Asp. Please contact our Prize Line to see what you have won." Then have a Prize Line screen where you get page after page of terms and conditions and other padding. Each page you get the option to close connection or go to the next page. Each page costs 10 credits. Only after 10 pages or so do you get to find out what the code means you have won. e.g. free tickets to a show on a planet in a system that you can't get to in time.

I know how these things work :mrgreen:

Please note that Spokesperson from the GalCop Rewards Department says: "We are a respectable service and do not and never will stoop to such underhand tactics."
Last edited by PhantorGorth on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Maybe we could have an extension to Your Ad Here! that rewards for trading at Constores?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

PhantorGorth wrote:
Pleb wrote:
The equivalent would be special contact to claim vouchers. "You have won a voucher with prize code Viper Viper Asp. Please contact our Prize Line to see what you have won." Then have a Prize Line screen where you get page after page of terms and conditions and other padding. Each page you get the option to close connection or go to the next page. Each page costs 10 credits. Only after 10 pages or so do you get to find out what the code means you have won. e.g. free tickets to a show on a planet in a system that you can't get to in time.

I know how these things work :mrgreen:
If this was an actual OXP I would seriosuly download it for the fu of it, haha!! :lol:
JazHaz wrote:
Maybe we could have an extension to Your Ad Here! that rewards for trading at Constores?
This would be good as I have made a lot of money from Constores in the past. Although I now prefer the tactic of just taking other ships's cargo and selling it on... :twisted:
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4