[WITHDRAWN] Docking Computers OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[WITHDRAWN] Docking Computers OXP

Post by Wildeblood »

Docking Computers OXP ver. 1.0.2

Date: June 3rd, 2012
Author: Wildeblood
After a request by Bugbear.

Installation and use:

Place the Docking Computers OXP into your "AddOns" folder. This OXP alters the game mechanics so that, when starting a new game, commanders can use the docking computer function immediately. However, each time they do so they will be charged a docking fee of 50 credits for contacting a station with an uncertified docking computer.

Needless to say, commanders who don't have 50 credits will need to perform manual docking (or use shift-c instant docking which this OXP makes available for free as a cheat).

To avoid docking fees, head to a planet of technical level 10 or above where, for a one-time fee of 1500 credits, you can have GalCop-trained engineers examine your Docking Computers and certify that they meet GalCop Standard GS40034 - Behaviour of Docking Computer AIs. After certification, you will never have to pay docking fees again.
Download Docking Computers OXP from the Box.

Although it was a popular idea, I've removed this because it's buggy - although it works in a way, it doesn't work as I intended it to - and I don't care enough about it to be bothered making it work properly.
Last edited by Wildeblood on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Docking Computers OXP

Post by Diziet Sma »

It could use a more descriptive name.. something to differentiate it from the in-game DC.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Wildeblood wrote:
Add code to prevent, or document, instant dock cheat.
As per CSOTB's version station.allowsFastDocking is read/write so is what you need.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Wildeblood wrote:
This OXP alters the game mechanics so that, when starting a new game, commanders can use the docking computer function immediately.
Oops, I've made a horrible mistake in assuming this OXP would only be used with a new game, and not including any fool-proofing. If you leave it installed and load saved games with established commanders bad things might happen.*

* Read "will happen".

Addendum: I've just uploaded version 1.0.2, which I think/hope/believe contains a sufficient check to prevent problems. This pay-per-use docking computer for newbies lark seems like a popular idea, so my sincere apology to those people who have already downloaded it.
Bugbear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Bugbear »

Hey guys, sorry I've taken so long to express my gratitude for this. Hopefully some new commanders can find this of use (and even lazy, experienced commanders with a broken Docking Computer).
Commander Bugbear
Cruising chart 5 in a Boa Class Criuser: Quantum Pelican I
Vigilante, trader, gems and precious metals hoarder.
Black Monks bothering performed at no extra charge.