[TEST RELEASE-Trunk Only] - Extended_Shipyards 0.15 24/06

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

[TEST RELEASE-Trunk Only] - Extended_Shipyards 0.15 24/06

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Morning all,

I'm pleased to announce that version 0.14 of Extended_Shipyards.oxp is available for testing by players using Oolite Trunk 1.77 - revisions later than revision 4973 (nightly build 30/05/12).

It's tagged as WIP but should be in good working order, although undoubtedly there will be one or two bugs to iron out.

It is therefore wise to back up your save game before experimenting/testing.

I'd be grateful if testers could try the new features with as wide a variety of OXP player flyable ships (and OXP equipment) as they can, keeping an eye out for any odd behaviour (for example equipment not working correctly or missing after retrieving a stored ship, anything odd associated with a particular OXP equipment item etc.)

Comments and suggestions with regards to the availability of Extended Shipyard facilities is more than welcome as are comments and suggestions on pricing (all pricings are based on what's in shipyard.plist, but modifiers can be jigged). It is likely that future versions will have end-user available options as to the availability of facilities (e.g universal, main stations only, tech-level / government restricted including OXP stations, tech-level / government restricted main stations only).

Also to come is an add-on which will allow the player to take on ship delivery contracts.

It's dependent on Ship_Storage_Helper.oxp v 0.18 which is also recently updated - please see https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... 23#p169823 for download link.

Extended_Shipyards can be downloaded from https://www.box.com/s/abceb4731eaf501a4adb

Readme.
Extended_Shipyards.oxp

Capt Murphy 2012
Licence: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 - see http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ for more info.
Requires: Oolite 1.77 - Trunk builds after revision 5025 (nightly build 23/06/12).
Version 0.15 24/06/12

Dependent on Ship_Storage_Helper.OXP version 0.20 or above.

Overview.

Extended Shipyards introduces new options to the shipyards at the main station of certain systems. Currently the additional facilities are only available at Corporate States, Democracies and Confederacies with a minimum Tech Level of 11. OXP stations and other systems main stations retain the basic shipyard in the current release.

At an extended shipyard site players will see a modified shipyard GUI screen from which they can select any available ship. Once selected they may be offered options to take the ship on an in-system test flight, hire the ship, part exchange, or buy the ship outright putting their current ship into storage.

Test Flights.

A small fee and refundable deposit is required to take a ship on a test flight. The player must also have a Clean legal status. There is no time limit to a test flight, but players are not permitted to leave the system with a test flight ship. Doing so is considered theft and the consequences are severe and persistent until such time as the stolen ship is paid for.
Players are free to fit equipment to a test flight ship at there own cost. If a test flight ship has sustained damage there may be a reduction in the amount of the refundable deposit.

Following a test flight the player may be offered options to hire, part exchange or purchase the ship outright.

Hiring Ships.

Hire fees are charged weekly in advance and there is a deposit equivalent to one weeks hire required. The player must also have a Clean legal status. Players are free to fit equipment to a hire ship and visit any system in the current galactic chart. Leaving the galactic chart is considered theft and the consequences are severe and persistent until such time as the stolen ship is paid for. If the player has insufficient funds to pay hire fees when due for two consecutive weeks the hire contract will be considered as defaulted, and the player will be treated as having stolen the ship. To end a hire period the player must return the hire ship to the original station.

Following a hire period the player may be offered options to part exchange or purchase the ship outright.

Part Exchange.

Works in the same way as the standard shipyard.

Purchase outright and store current ship.

Storage fees are charged 4 weekly in advance. If the player has insufficient funds to pay storage fees when due for two consecutive charge periods the stored ship will be impounded. If the player has one or more ships in permanent storage they are offered various options at all extended shipyard sites.

If the ship is stored at the current site players can sell the stored ship, sell their current ship and retrieve the stored ship or put the current ship into storage and retrieve the stored ship.

If the ship is stored at a remote site players can sell the stored ship, or arrange for the stored ship to be transported to the current location (which attracts an additional fee and takes time).

ChangeLog:

v0.1 – Initial Release.

v0.11 – Added model of current selected ship to post shipyardGUI missionScreens using new scripting capability introduced in trunk r4951 (nightly build 21/5/12). Thanks to cim.

v0.12 – Models displayed on missionScreens are now shown shipyard style in the corner of the screen. Shader/uniform set paint colours based on entityPersonality are now correctly maintained when storing/restoring ships and displaying models on missionScreens (thanks cim for making the changes to trunk). Manifest screen now shows information about next storage/hire fees due, arrival times of stored ships in transit between systems. Fixed and improved the method of calculation of any deposit reduction as a result of damage to a test or hire ship or it's equipment. Tweaked all pricing. In summary – test fee based on 0.2% if ship's full price, weekly hire fee 1% of ship's full price, deposit is based on the potential maximum cost of renovation (using Eric's new calculations introduced in revision 4967/4973), 4 weekly storage fees are 1/39th of the ship's full price.

v0.13-Fixed bug in handling of ships with no subEntities.

v0.14-Added compatibility so models on missionScreens now show adjusted paint job if player ship has been resprayed using ‘Respray for Griff’s.oxp’

v0.15-Update for compatibility with ‘Respray for Griff’s.oxp’ v0.4 to that adjusted decals are displayed correctly on this OXPs missionScreens.

Last edited by Capt. Murphy on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:46 am, edited 8 times in total.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Re: [WIP-Trunk Only] - Extended_Shipyards.oxp v0.1 20/05/12

Post by maik »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
Also to come is an add-on which will allow the player to take on ship delivery contracts.
Cmdr. Maegil should like that. Anyone know of his whereabouts?
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: [WIP-Trunk Only] - Extended_Shipyards.oxp v0.11 22/05/12

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Bumped this to version 0.11. The missionScreens displayed after selecting a ship of interest now display the rotating model of the ship selected. Thanks to cim for coding the trunk changes to make this possible (roles now include the string "[dataKey]" by default). In the long term will look at prettifying this some more with Cabal_Common_Briefing.

Also there has been a bug fix to trunk that affected the equipment awarded at ship purchase in general - that is also fixed.

Version 0.11 therefore requires trunk r4951 or after (nightly builds available after 21/5/12).
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: [WIP-Trunk Only] - Extended_Shipyards.oxp v0.12 31/05/12

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Version 0.12 now available - needs a nightly build after revision 4973 (30/5/12), and the new release of Ship Storage Helper v0.16.
v0.12 – Models displayed on missionScreens are now shown shipyard style in the corner of the screen. Shader/uniform set paint colours based on entityPersonality are now correctly maintained when storing/restoring ships and displaying models on missionScreens (thanks cim for making the changes to trunk). Manifest screen now shows information about next storage/hire fees due, arrival times of stored ships in transit between systems. Fixed and improved the method of calculation of any deposit reduction as a result of damage to a test or hire ship or it's equipment. Tweaked all pricing. In summary – test fee based on 0.2% if ship's full price, weekly hire fee 1% of ship's full price, deposit is based on the potential maximum cost of renovation (using Eric's new calculations introduced in revision 4967/4973), 4 weekly storage fees are 1/39th of the ship's full price.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: [TEST RELEASE-Trunk Only] - Extended_Shipyards 0.13 05/0

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Bumped to v0.13 - requires Ship_Storage_helper v0.17 which has also just been updated.
v0.13-Fixed bug in handling of ships with no subEntities.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: [TEST RELEASE-Trunk Only] - Extended_Shipyards 0.14 09/0

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Bumped to v0.14...
v0.14-Added compatibility so models on missionScreens now show adjusted paint job if player ship has been resprayed using ‘Respray for Griff’s.oxp’
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Can we get extended shipyards to give the same functionality as the standard shipyard to show your trade-in value and total available cash please, when scrolling through available ships?

Thanks! :)
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Sorry, no can do. :(

The ugly yellow box is there to hide the fact that the OXP has given you 100,000,000 credits to ensure you can 'select' (i.e purchase) any ship (the credit value and the 'purchase' are reset again immediately when you choose a ship). Unfortunately the shipyard GUI in particular is not a screen that takes well (read reacts consistently) to having custom text added to it, and this is the only workaround I could think of to tag this functionality onto the existing shipyard.

All the info re trade in values etc is available on the missionScreen that's shown when you've selected a ship.

Thanks for testing... :wink:
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
The ugly yellow box is there to hide...
You're using the old google-spammers' trick of yellow text on yellow background to make the text "invisible"? So you don't have any choice but to make it yellow? I thought the yellow border was just temporary while you experimented, and you'd change it to black in the finished version. Disappointed.
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Wildeblood wrote:
Capt. Murphy wrote:
You're using the old google-spammers' trick of yellow text on yellow background to make the text "invisible"? So you don't have any choice but to make it yellow? I thought the yellow border was just temporary while you experimented, and you'd change it to black in the finished version. Disappointed.
Sorry, but needs must. You never know one of the devs may decide to attack and tidy up the GUI code before 1.77, or maybe I can try and experiment with a few source tweaks to see if it's possible to define a spot on the Shipyard GUI where mission.addMessage will consistently display (and hopefully hide the text I need hiding).

Another approach entirely would be to make a entirely separate shipyard. From memory that wasn't a particularly attractive option when I started, but a few more JS methods introduced in the meantime make it a little easier to achieve, but there are still some significant hurdles to doing that.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
Sorry, but needs must. You never know one of the devs may decide to attack and tidy up the GUI code before 1.77, or maybe I can try and experiment with a few source tweaks to see if it's possible to define a spot on the Shipyard GUI where mission.addMessage will consistently display (and hopefully hide the text I need hiding).

Another approach entirely would be to make a entirely separate shipyard. From memory that wasn't a particularly attractive option when I started, but a few more JS methods introduced in the meantime make it a little easier to achieve, but there are still some significant hurdles to doing that.
Put in some suggestions for some new calls to the dev team. As you are working on ExS, you are probably best placed to make some good suggestions.
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
Wildeblood wrote:
Capt. Murphy wrote:

You're doing some fantastic work Capt. Murphy. You have my thanks and appreciation. :D
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Re: [TEST RELEASE-Trunk Only] - Extended_Shipyards 0.15 24/0

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Thanks CSOTB.

Small update to this OXP - now at version 0.15.
v0.15-Update for compatibility with ‘Respray for Griff’s.oxp’ v0.4 to that adjusted decals are displayed correctly on this OXPs missionScreens.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Is this OXP still being developed?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
Cheers,
Drew.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

I've mirrored the last version of this OXP to my box, just in case Capt Murphy's box gets deleted. All of his OXPs are there.

https://app.box.com/s/5axsr83uf4g39ugsgo6h