APRIL OXP (Automated Pylon Re-arm In-flight Loader)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

APRIL OXP (Automated Pylon Re-arm In-flight Loader)

Post by Thargoid »

From the ship equipment department, we introduce the Automated Pylon Re-arm In-flight Loader, AKA the APRIL system.

As its name suggests, this retrofittable technology allows storage and in-flight re-arming of extra pylon mounted weaponry and equipment. It is compatible with all current armaments except the Aquarian Missile Machine unit, which is automatically excluded from storage. It is also incompatible with the pylon-switching mechanism on Vortex and Maelstrom craft, on which it is based.

The standard system is available from tech level 12 systems for 40,000 credits. This doubles the fitted ships pylon capacity via reloading. For an additional 25,000 credits, the system can be upgraded to a military specification, adding an additional bank of storage (overall tripling the capacity).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 40th OXP, to celebrate my 40th year...

And to keep the balance, the basic (non-upgraded) version is also available to NPC ships, as a missile role of weighting 0.2 .

Download as normal via the links below. And with thanks to Solonar for extensive beta-testing of the equipment. Requires Oolite v1.76 or higher.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: APRIL OXP (Automated Pylon Re-arm In-flight Loader)

Post by Smivs »

...and it's only 18 days late :lol:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Smivs wrote:
...and it's only 18 days late :lol:

:D

For that I'd have removed a few zeroes from the price, but have it award only custard pies.

in reality it's 5 days late - my "life began" last Saturday...
Solonar
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Solonar »

Happy to be of service. I'm getting into this test pilot thing. :)

SolarTech proudly presents the Plasma Turret Regulator Device Apparatus, aka the Turret Toggler
Solonar
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Solonar »

I seem to be having issues with this particular release. My pylon payload fails to load into the reloader device. There is a passage of time but the transfer does not occur.

SolarTech proudly presents the Plasma Turret Regulator Device Apparatus, aka the Turret Toggler
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Is it the same savegame as you were using for testing? There may be some residual stuff perhaps left behind from the previous one? And you have uninstalled the beta version I presume?

What does the content screen indicate?
Solonar
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Solonar »

Yes it is the same saved game. I reviewed it and it appeared to be clear of all the mission variables. I reinstalled the device again and then the following variables appear in the saved game:

<key>mission_aprilFull</key>
<string>false</string>
<key>mission_aprilLoad</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>mission_aprilMemory</key>
<string></string>

There are no other instances of these variables appearing in the saved game. The read out shows the device as being empty even after the failed attempts to load the device. I also observed that the in-flight viewing function, F5 - F8, does not work correctly and still shows the hypercargo display.

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Can you post your full latest.log file?

It sounds like you may still have the old WIP installed and the new script getting over-written. There are more missionVariables now than those ones.
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

With the I Missile and piloting a Dark Rainbow, while docked, I do not seem to be able to transfer the I Missiles into storage for later use. Its no biggy, because the Dark Rainbow is an Uber ship anyway :)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Can you transfer other missiles and mines/equipment?

I think I might pull this OXP again if things are going wrong with the release version. Odd as the script hasn't changed too much since the last beta version, which worked ok before for Solonar...
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

No. I don't seem to be able to get the trunk 30g priced missile to shift into storage either. The APRIL is on sale at 40.000g to me :)
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

OK, found the problem. There's a variable definition missing in the script when you fresh-purchase the equipment. If you save your game and reload it then the variable should get set which should get it working (this.startUp does a better load of setting things up than this.equipmentBought did :oops: ).

I'll adjust the script and re-upload v1.01, but a save/reload should cure you for now.
Solonar
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Solonar »

I installed 1.01 of this device and followed your instructions. It seems to be working correctly now. The pylon payload goes into the reloader and I am able to view its contents correctly both when docked and in flight.

Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

APRIL working fine now thanks for the update. :) I can see this oxp being of use to the less agile pilot of the trunk Cobra MkIII, I often felt that 4 Pylons Two too few, especially when in a furball with 6 Pirates .
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Good to hear - I now declare this OXP officially out the door and free :twisted: