Cloak Repair OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Cloak Repair OXP

Post by Smivs »

CloakRepair OXP

This OXP is a temporary stop-gap to allow players to get a damaged Cloaking Device repaired/replaced pending proposed changes to the core game.
EDIT:- The core game changes will only affect newly scooped cloaks, so this OXP will also be needed by those who already have a cloak and so I have made it a formal and permanent OXP now.
With this OXP the cloak will be replaceable at TL15 stations for 50000Cr to reflect the proposed change to the core game.
N.B. This is not a 'normal' repair but rather the fitment of a service exchange unit. It will be available via the Outfitters (F3) but is not shown as a repair in orange, but rather as a new item (Replacement Cloaking Device) in yellow text. This OXP removes the damaged Cloaking Device and replaces it with a refurbished unit on an exchange basis.

Download CloakRepair OXP here

As this is a temporary solution, I do not propose adding it to the wiki or OXP table.

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0
Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-
nc-sa/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San
Francisco, California, 94105, USA.

The OXP was developed by Smivs.
Last edited by Smivs on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Stop-gap release - Cloak Repair

Post by SandJ »

Good chap vegetable.
Smivs wrote:
As this is a temporary solution, I do not propose adding it to the wiki or OXP table.
How about putting it on the wiki as a "Work In Progress" which can be later discarded?
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

SandJ wrote:
Smivs wrote:
How about putting it on the wiki as a "Work In Progress" which can be later discarded?
You're right...I was just being lazy :P Added to main OXP table.
Storm
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Storm »

[quote="SandJ"]Good chap vegetable.[/qoute]

Good chap vegetable berry.

A pumpkin is not a vegetable; it's a fruit! In fact, it's a berry. Pumpkins belong to the family Cucurbitaceae, which includes cucumbers, melons, squash, and gourds. Within this family is the genus Cucurbita which includes gourds, winter and summer squash, and all varieties of pumpkin. There are four species that are considered "pumpkins," but only one is the species most people would recognize as the traditional pumpkin used for carving jack-o-lanterns and baking pies.

(I didn't feel comfortable calling Smivs a fruit :D...)
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

<Smivs is lost for words, so just chuckles> :)
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Storm wrote:
A pumpkin is not a vegetable; it's a fruit! In fact, it's a berry.....
That depends of cause on what type of classification you use. Currently you the one of a botanics. However, oolite is a trade game, so we should use the trade classification.

There is a big list of al kind of commodities for international trading and all products have a unique number. I worked regularly with that list for about 10 years. I looked it up and pumpkins are explicit categorised as vegetable. Small pumpkins (like a zucchini/courgette) have the number "0707 90 70 ". The bigger ones, like Smivs, go to others: "0709 90 90".

Interestingly are melons categorised as fruit. e.g. a watermelon has number "0807 11 00".

A google search for these numbers does even find them (besides a lot of similar phone numbers).
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Smivs would like to respectfully remind everybody that he is actually a Cucurbitan, an intelligent species which co-incidently resembles certain food vegetables.
I am not a foodstuff or trade item. Behave yourselves :lol:
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Smivs wrote:
Smivs would like to respectfully remind everybody that he is actually a Cucurbitan, an intelligent species which co-incidently resembles certain food vegetables.
Ahem. From Wikipedia:
Wikipedia wrote:
Cucurbita
Food
Cucurbita species are often used as food, either for their fruit or the seeds lying within.
Mind you, ...
Smivs wrote:
I am not a foodstuff or trade item. Behave yourselves
... it also says:
Wikipedia wrote:
The winter varieties have thick skins.
which is clearly wrong. :lol:

:wink:
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I give up! :roll:
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [RELEASE] - Cloak Repair

Post by Smivs »

It seems that the core game changes will only affect newly scooped cloaks, so this OXP will still be needed by those who already have a cloak. I have therefore made it a formal and permanant OXP now.
With this OXP the cloak will be replaceable at TL15 stations for 50000Cr to reflect the proposed change to the core game.
N.B. This is not a 'normal' repair but rather the fitment of a service exchange unit. It will be available via the Outfitters (F3) but is not shown as a repair in orange, but rather as a new item (Replacement Cloaking Device) in yellow text. This OXP removes the damaged Cloaking Device and replaces it with a refurbished unit on an exchange basis.

Download CloakRepair OXP here
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Smivs wrote:
I am not a foodstuff or trade item. Behave yourselves :lol:
But slaves are "legal" in much of Oolite and a potential trade item as well! :twisted:
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [RELEASE] - Cloak Repair

Post by Smivs »

<Smivs seriously pities the lifeform that tries to enslave him!> :twisted: