[RELEASE] The Feramborini

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE] The Feramborini

Post by mandoman »

From the factories of Mandotech Industries, Inc., comes the Feramborini, and it's dark side, the Feramborini-Black. This is an extremely fast ship, and carries the minimum of 5 tons cargo. With the cooperation of Luciano Feramborini, and sportship designer Anotonio Pininferamo, this ultra fast ship is built with one purpose in mind, to show off, and run. That's it. It carries no weapons. It's energy is high at 550, but it's recharge rate is a laughable 3.0. Those factors explain the incredible max. speed of 700, which is necesary, as it is the only thing, other than simple defense devices like an ECM, or Ironhide Armor, that protects it. As for the armor, well, let's just say that if you don't get the H E double toothpicks out of the vicinity really fast, any Tom, Dick, or Hairy Blackbeard will blow you, and your armor into space dust. It has super high thrust of 65, so the excelleration will flatten you into your pilots seat nearly as much as jumping into hyperspace. About hyperspace......let's just say that when you approach a station, or planet while in hyperspace, if you don't break quickly enough, your ship will become part of the station, or be vaporised by the planet atmosphere. The ship is very small, which adds to the quickness, and speed. This is a high-performance sportship for the rediculously wealthy. If your the type that wants to do a lot of trading, or fighting, this is NOT the ship for you, but feel free to buy it for a fast cruise around the solor system.

http://www.box.com/s/86y6q75ou85nqx87slz5

Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [RELEASE] The Feramborini

Post by Smivs »

Ha, looks like it will give my Astoon Martin a run for it's money. :D
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Greyth
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Greyth »

Heh! Looks cool but I'm still saving up for a set of golf clubs so it will be a very long time before I can afford a car they don't fit into!
Oolite 1.76
Debian 6 : Ubuntu 12.04
NVidia 6200 : Radeon/AMD thang
Abit AN7 : Packard Bell TJ74
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

I have an AI attached to it, that I kind of borrowed it from a planet shuttle AI, and just barely changed it for the needs of the Feramborini. The only things I really changed were the speed factors, which should, of course, have this little bullet going as fast as possible where ever it goes. So, you wouldn't need to buy it if you just want it flying around your Ooniverse. :)

Whoa, hold on, did you say you have an Aston Martin, Smivs? Have any pics of it so we could see? What year? I love Aston Martins. I don't have money for real cars, but I mess with slot cars, and one of my favorites is my 60s vintage Aston Martin. Really cool car. :D

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

mandoman wrote:

Whoa, hold on, did you say you have an Aston Martin, Smivs?
Ha, if only. I would die for a real Aston, but I was refering to my (fictional) AstOon Martin :D
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Smivs wrote:
mandoman wrote:

Whoa, hold on, did you say you have an Aston Martin, Smivs?
Ha, if only. I would die for a real Aston, but I was refering to my (fictional) AstOon Martin :D
I looked at your oxps, and have most of them, but don't see an Astoon Martin. You better make one, now, after bringing it up. I'll race you with my Feramborini. :mrgreen:

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

If I feel the need for speed, I can always take my WonderWorm out for a spin. :lol:
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Smivs wrote:
If I feel the need for speed, I can always take my WonderWorm out for a spin. :lol:
Yeah, I forgot about that hotrod. :D

I noticed your escape pod oxp on your site. Seems like I've nabbed a few of them after blowing the outlaws ship out from underneath it. I like picking up escape pods. :twisted:

fronclynne
Deadly
Deadly

Post by fronclynne »

Might be nice to make them run like real Eyetalians and blow the engine every 100km or so.
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

fronclynne wrote:
Might be nice to make them run like real Eyetalians and blow the engine every 100km or so.
:lol:

I wouldn't know. :D

jadenrayn
Above Average
Above Average

Post by jadenrayn »

new from mandoman ind. :wink: