primable laser

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Jorge van den Poem
Competent
Competent

primable laser

Post by Jorge van den Poem »

Hi all,

I bought myself a primable laser and it seems to work in thay way it shoots pretty well but in my case it does heat up and this is something it should not, that is what I thought. so I must be doing something completely wrong but what????

Can anyone help me out I would love a laser which does not heat up all the time, the one I bought did cost a lot of money so it should work properly :)

jorge
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: primable laser

Post by SandJ »

Did you read the small print written on the box? The 'manufacturer' doesn't appear to make the claim that it doesn't get hot.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Jorge van den Poem
Competent
Competent

Indeed the manufacture does not claim anything only that one should treat it properly and one should learn to use it. whell I am learning that is for sure :)
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

Could someone please move this thread to the Expansions forum? It does not belong here at all.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Topic moved to Expansion Pack.
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

Jorge van den Poem wrote:
Hi all,

I bought myself a primable laser and it seems to work in thay way it shoots pretty well but in my case it does heat up and this is something it should not, that is what I thought. so I must be doing something completely wrong but what????

Can anyone help me out I would love a laser which does not heat up all the time, the one I bought did cost a lot of money so it should work properly :)

jorge
Depends on how you fire the primable laser. If you are still using the default key "A" to fire the laser, that means you are using your laser not the primable laser. Primable laser is primed by shift n(N) and fired by n key.

That may be the problem. Primable laser will not heat up, but use some energy and it is a very talkative piece of equipment :D.
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run
Jorge van den Poem
Competent
Competent

:) Whell it might be talkative but it works at last I did not know to use the n key to fire it :) I must say I find it much easier to kill the bad guys with my milatairy laser though, when it heats up I switch to my aft lasers to finish the job :)

Thanks for the reply :)

Jorge
CaptSolo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptSolo »

<chuckles>

I believe it was ADCK's behemoth's OXP ReadMe which started, "No one reads these...".
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

CaptSolo wrote:
<chuckles>

I believe it was ADCK's behemoth's OXP ReadMe which started, "No one reads these...".
Some one mentioned renaming the READ_ME to DO_NOT_README, maybe that one may work. Or when the player buys the equipment, displaying the readme as a mission screen with about 5 prompts,asking about have you read all the instructions may help. :D
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Okti wrote:
CaptSolo wrote:
<chuckles>

Some one mentioned renaming the READ_ME to DO_NOT_README, maybe that one may work. Or when the player buys the equipment, displaying the readme as a mission screen with about 5 prompts,asking about have you read all the instructions may help. :D
Perhaps renaming to DID_YOU_READ_ME? or WHY_DIDN'T_YOU_READ_ME? :lol:

Maybe instructions in braille would help, no? :lol:
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Obligatory RTFM Police Screen:
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

Brilliant AC :lol:

But you can be really evil by placing a code word in the read-me that has to be entered to install the oxp :twisted:
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Fatleaf wrote:
But you can be really evil by placing a code word in the read-me that has to be entered to install the oxp :twisted:
As a minimum, there could be a few snooper pages that reminds players. With a little bit of imagination, I'm sure this kind of thing could be infiltrated into a good news story in snoopers.

DaddyHoggy?
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

Maybe something like this. (I'm sure one of the native speakers can come up with something better.)
In the Diso system an Elite pilot was killed by local pirates today.
The circumstances around the murder are somewhat clouded, but it seems that the Elite pilot's fully "Iron Assed" Cobra was taken out by a rooki pirat sporting a pulse laser. Initial investigations suggests that the Elite pilot has just acquired and equipped his ship, having upgraded from a much older model, and that lack of familiarity with the workings of his combat systems is to blame. From his friends we have been told that he took his new ride out for a spin without even looking at the instruction manuals. Something one might consider essential when moving on to such a major upgrade.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Post by maik »

Fatleaf wrote:

That was the copy protection on C=64 Elite, you had to find a word in the novella that came with it.