Long range scanner OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Jorge van den Poem
Competent
Competent

long range scanner

Post by Jorge van den Poem »

Hy all,

I recently bought myself a long range scanner and when I did this it was possible to buy a jump planner it would be very handy if I knew how to opperate these wonderfull peaces of equipment :D would anyone be kind enough to help me with this new problem :)
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Re: long range scanner

Post by Disembodied »

Jorge van den Poem wrote:
Hy all,

I recently bought myself a long range scanner and when I did this it was possible to buy a jump planner it would be very handy if I knew how to opperate these wonderfull peaces of equipment :D would anyone be kind enough to help me with this new problem :)
Do you mean the Advanced Navigational Array? If so, it's shift-6 to display the shortest number of jumps to a selected destination: if you then press ctrl, it should show you the shortest travel time route instead (one long jump of e.g. 6ly takes longer to traverse than two short jumps of 3ly each).
Jorge van den Poem
Competent
Competent

No I do not mean the advanced navigational array. I mean the Long range scanner as the subject describes. I managed to activate the scanner once and now it does not seam to work anymore. I managed to jump (cheat jump) across the galaxy once and now I am stuck it does not work anymore I do not want to buy another scanner again that is a bit too costly :( What can a poor trader do in these circumstances? :D
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

Ah, sorry – I didn't know about the Long-Range Scanner OXP! There's no wiki page for it, unfortunately, but maybe Okti can help you out. I'll move the thread to Expansion Packs.
Jorge van den Poem
Competent
Competent

Re: Long range scanner OXP

Whell I did solve my problem the long range scanner works perfectly for me anywhay and the jump planner is realy something I wished for a long time ago, thank you for making these wonderfull peaces of equipment whoever you are :D Oolite rocks!!!!

thank you all for the help again

Jorge
Jorge van den Poem
Competent
Competent

@ Jedi Spam Assessin,

For your information the long range scanner is no OXP nor is the jump planner both pieces of equipment are purchable at high tech level systems so it seems, anywhay I bought them for a lot of credits but they are worth the money I would say.
They seem to be build in in the game so no OXP this time sorry

Jorge
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

@ Jedi Spam Assessin,
For your information the long range scanner is no OXP nor is the jump planner both pieces of equipment are purchable at high tech level systems so it seems, anywhay I bought them for a lot of credits but they are worth the money I would say.
They seem to be build in in the game so no OXP this time sorry
Jorge
OXP by Okti here: http://www.boxcn.net/shared/jtpt2vlol5
Also listed in the [wiki]OXP List[/wiki].
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

Whell I did solve my problem the long range scanner works perfectly for me anywhay and the jump planner is realy something I wished for a long time ago, thank you for making these wonderfull peaces of equipment whoever you are :D Oolite rocks!!!!

thank you all for the help again

Jorge
Your wellcome, I hope you will enjoy some of my cheats :D.
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

@ Jedi Spam Assessin
:) Jedi Spam Assassin is Disembodied's role, not his Forum name...

(A title bestowed upon him due to his amazing ability to seek out the most sneaky of spam - quite often, with Disembodied on the forum this was the spam you're looking for.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Jorge van den Poem
Competent
Competent

Whell I was wrong assuming the long range scanner was no OXP it is, and it works very whell for me sorry about the mis information I gave :)
Greyth
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Greyth »

I've had a couple of problems with this OXP. Sometimes when I want to view the list of contacts they are not displayed and the view returns to forward as though I had pressed F1. Sometimes it will display only 1 or 2 pages of several and then return me to forward view. Sometimes when I activate the scanner the TAF (Time acceleration factor) is reduced to 0.06. Sometimes when activating the scanner by [Shift]+[n] [n] the return key becomes ineffective and I have to re-activate by [F6][F6][F5].

Great OXP and very clever indeed! Hope this helps.
Oolite 1.76
Debian 6 : Ubuntu 12.04
NVidia 6200 : Radeon/AMD thang
Abit AN7 : Packard Bell TJ74
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

I wanted to add/endorse the above comments praising this oxp. It is useful for a majority of roles a pilot may wish to adopt. From Courier to Trader, from taxi to Bounty Hunter. :)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Does this sometimes clash with the Galaxy Info OXP if both are installed?

Edit: I worked it out. This device works in flight, not when docked.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.