ExtraFuelTanks OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

ExtraFuelTanks OXZ

Post by Smivs »

Update release v1.8 is now available from the Expansions Manager.

ExtraFuelTanks OXP

This OXP adds buyable extra fuel tanks. These are primable equipment - 'Shift-n' to prime, and 'n' to activate. There are two types of tank available.

The Reserve Tank holds 1LY of Liquified Quirium Gas, and the reserve fuel can be added to your main tank when it contains less than 1LY of fuel.

The Auxiliary Tank holds 3LY of Liquified Quirium Gas, and this can be added to the main tank when it contains less than 3LY of fuel.

You may only fit one type of tank, so decide which will be the best for you. The 'Reserve' is an emergency top-up for when you are almost out of fuel. The 'Auxiliary' is much more of a game-changer allowing you to be much more flexible in terms of refuelling by docking or sunskimming.

You can buy a Full Tank (Cr 10 000 for the 'Reserve' and Cr 50 000 for the Auxiliary) from any TL10+ station. This will appear on the F5 screen as 'Reserve Fuel Tank' or 'Auxiliary Fuel Tank'.

The fuel can be moved into the main tank when required providing the main tank contains less than the specified amount of fuel. The F5 screen will then show the Reserve or Auxiliary tank to be 'Empty'.

After use you can refill the tank. 'Refill Reserve Tank' for Cr 10 or 'Refill Auxiliary Tank' for Cr 30.

If you have a Reserve Tank, you can upgrade to an Auxiliary Tank. The cost of this conversion is Cr 40 000.

License:-
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA.

Author:-
The OXP was developed by Smivs.

Credits:- Thanks to Fatleaf for much extensive testing, Okti for mending my broken js and to El Viejo for testing and feedback.

More details on the Wiki Page.

Download here

The problem reported over the next couple of posts has been fixed. OXP available for download from the link above.
Last edited by Smivs on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] ExtraFuelTanks

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

So this would be like a pylon mounted drop tank, except it doesn't take up a missile pylon. I suppose if used alongside a pylon mounted drop tank, then the commander has extra insurance of escaping the dreaded Thargoid ambush in the middle of interstellar Nowhere.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
So this would be like a pylon mounted drop tank, except it doesn't take up a missile pylon.
Yep... but it can be damaged!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Ya know, my much-maligned permanent galdrive, which had to be primed with 7ly of fuel before you could use the galdrive, could also be used as an auxiliary fuel tank, because the 7ly of fuel is stored in there until you make a make a gal-jump and can always be transferred back to the ship's normal fuel tank at any time. Just sayin'.
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

El Viejo wrote:
Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
So this would be like a pylon mounted drop tank, except it doesn't take up a missile pylon.
Yep... but it can be damaged!
There is that little detail.

Speaking of Thargoids and extra refueling resources, I recently engaged a Thargoid Cruiser trying to demolish a fuel station.
It was a tricky dogfight very close to the station, but eventually the Bugs got demolished instead.
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Smivs - trying to download this gives me 'This page cannot be found' message.
Cody

Post by Cody »

It's been temporarily pulled due to a glitch... see the thread header.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Zireael wrote:
Smivs - trying to download this gives me 'This page cannot be found' message.
Yes. I've temporarily withdrawn the OXP (see first post) due to a bug. I'm hoping to have it fixed soon.

Without going into redundant detail, in one very specific set of circumstances it seems that the refill is not being offered, but buying 'normal' fuel is refilling the extra tank for free! OK, that's probably a good thing in some ways, but I just want to make sure it's totally reliable before too many are downloaded. Quality control :D

Fixed now and available from the link in the first post :D
Last edited by Smivs on Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I have just uploaded V1.2 of this OXP.
The only change is a tweak to allow forward compatibility with a WIP I'm currently working on.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

BugFix release
I've just uploaded v1.3 of this OXP. Post-release testing brought to light a potential problem whereby empty tanks damaged in battle were not having a repair offered which could leave players stuck with a broken tank. :(
This version addresses this and the previously identified problem with refills not always being offered when needed. It is also forward-compatible with my next proposed OXP release which includes ships with built-in external fuel tanks.
It is strongly recommended that all users upgrade to this version (v1.3).

Download
Albee
Deadly
Deadly

Re: ExtraFuelTanks

Post by Albee »

Smiv: hopefully this is the log file you requested. (If not, I guess you'll let me know. Harsh words are preferable to an ECM-hardened missile). :D

17:37:02.151 [log.header]: Opening log for Oolite version 1.76 (x86-64 test release) under Mac OS X Version 10.6.8 (Build 10K549) at 2012-04-26 17:37:02 +0100.
Machine type: MacBookPro7,1, 4096 MiB memory, 2 x x86 (Penryn) @ 2660 MHz.
Build options: spoken messages, mass/fuel pricing, JavaScript console support, Debug plug-in support, OXP verifier, localization tools, debug GraphViz support, JavaScript profiling.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

17:37:02.249 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted mode - resource paths:
~/Downloads/Oolite downloads/Oolite 1.76/Oolite.app/Contents/Resources
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/accessoriesV2.1.oxp
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/Delightful-Docking.oxp
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/display_reputation.oxp
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/ExtraFuelTanksV1.3.oxp
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/Fuel Tank v2.2.oxp
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/IronHide 2.00.oxp
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/Target Reticle 1.2.1.oxp
17:37:02.249 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.0 ("2.1 NVIDIA-1.6.36"). Vendor: "NVIDIA Corporation". Renderer: "NVIDIA GeForce 320M OpenGL Engine".
17:37:02.249 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (122):
GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_EXT_bindable_uniform, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_APPLE_specular_vector, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_APPLE_fence, GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_NV_vertex_program2_option, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_APPLE_object_purgeable, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_APPLE_rgb_422, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_APPLE_element_array, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_NV_fragment_program2, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_APPLE_texture_range, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_ARB_vertex_blend, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_APPLE_client_storage, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_APPLE_flush_render, GL_NV_vertex_program3, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators, GL_APPLE_transform_hint, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_NV_fragment_program_option, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_APPLE_float_pixels, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_NV_point_sprite, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float
17:37:02.254 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
17:37:02.260 [speech.synthesis]: Spoken messages are off.
17:37:02.866 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 10 world scripts:
display-reputation-contract 1.1
display-reputation-passenger 1.1
extra_tanks_script.js 1.3
IronHide Armour Script 2.00
oolite-cloaking-device 1.76
oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.76
oolite-nova 1.76
oolite-thargoid-plans 1.76
oolite-trumbles 1.76
reticle_target_sensitive 1.2.1
17:37:03.269 [loading.complete]: ========== Loading complete. ==========
17:37:03.305 [joystick.connect]: Joystick connected: Logitech Attack 3

Closing log at 2012-04-26 17:37:08 +0100.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Thanks Albee,
Well the log shows that the OXP is loading correctly...it is in the 'list' of installed OXPs and the script has loaded, so it should be working OK.
Initially you will have both Reserve and Auxiliary Tanks offered for sale. They should appear like this on the F3 screen.
They are bought pre-filled as you can see, and note these are on the second page of the Outfitters screen.
Have another look?
Albee
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Albee »

Sorry, Smivs -- still no joy, I'm afraid. (I'm at Onrira: level 14). I took a couple of screenshots showing the full equipment list, but have no idea how to attach them. :(

(On a side note, does anyone know where a Mac stores the * screenshots? The instructions on the 'keyboard' page here say "$HOME/oolite-saves", but I can't find an "oolite-saves" directory anywhere on my machine. I had to use the Grab app, which does work, but isn't as slick as *).

Incidentally, Smivs, if and when we do get this working, is there any chance of a discount? 50k sounds awfully expensive when compared with a 70 cred plastic jerrycan! :wink: I know your product is a quality, refillable item, and I understand it's complex to fit, but in this day and age of cheap labour at backyard feudal poor industrial planets (not to mention China), surely it's possible to get the price down significantly? The risk otherwise, surely, is that someone will steal your design and do a cheapo rip-off.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Albee: The log you posted is from a game that started up from a pre-created cache. Oolite stores all current resources info in a cache file and reads from it when starting up for performance reasons. This cache is refreshed each time an OXP is added or removed, whenever the OXP folders' datestamps change or whenever the user asks the game to explicitly re-read all the Resources and OXP contents and re-create the cache.

Sometimes OXPs contain errors and these get reported at the start of the log, but this does not normally happen when reading from the cache-file. The cache may contain invalid scripts etc, but the game reports the errors only when (re)creating the cache. So, we need to see a log from a game that starts up with creating the cache from scratch in order to determine if there is anything indeed wrong. To do this, hold down Shift while starting the game and until you see the Cobra spinning in the start-up screen. This requests Oolite to perform an explicit cache rebuild. Then repost the log. You will know that it's the right log because it will contain this line near the top:
[dataCache.rebuild.explicitFlush]: Cache explicitly flushed with shift key. Rebuilding from scratch.
Albee
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Albee »

Albee wrote:
On a side note, does anyone know where a Mac stores the * screenshots?
Please ignore this. I checked out the Oolite-Mac forum and discovered that the screenshots are right there on my desktop (doh!). Still don't know how to attach them to a post, mind you. :(
another_commander wrote:
To do this, hold down Shift while starting the game and until you see the Cobra spinning in the start-up screen.
Okay, I've done that. Here's the new logfile...

09:05:51.662 [log.header]: Opening log for Oolite version 1.76 (x86-64 test release) under Mac OS X Version 10.6.8 (Build 10K549) at 2012-04-27 09:05:51 +0100.
Machine type: MacBookPro7,1, 4096 MiB memory, 2 x x86 (Penryn) @ 2660 MHz.
Build options: spoken messages, mass/fuel pricing, JavaScript console support, Debug plug-in support, OXP verifier, localization tools, debug GraphViz support, JavaScript profiling.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

09:05:51.717 [dataCache.rebuild.explicitFlush]: Cache explicitly flushed with shift key. Rebuilding from scratch.
09:05:51.718 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted mode - resource paths:
~/Downloads/Oolite downloads/Oolite 1.76/Oolite.app/Contents/Resources
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/accessoriesV2.1.oxp
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/Delightful-Docking.oxp
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/display_reputation.oxp
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/ExtraFuelTanksV1.3.oxp
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/Fuel Tank v2.2.oxp
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/IronHide 2.00.oxp
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/Target Reticle 1.2.1.oxp
09:05:51.718 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.0 ("2.1 NVIDIA-1.6.36"). Vendor: "NVIDIA Corporation". Renderer: "NVIDIA GeForce 320M OpenGL Engine".
09:05:51.718 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (122):
GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_EXT_bindable_uniform, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_APPLE_specular_vector, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_APPLE_fence, GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_NV_vertex_program2_option, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_APPLE_object_purgeable, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_APPLE_rgb_422, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_APPLE_element_array, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_NV_fragment_program2, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_APPLE_texture_range, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_ARB_vertex_blend, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_APPLE_client_storage, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_APPLE_flush_render, GL_NV_vertex_program3, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators, GL_APPLE_transform_hint, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_NV_fragment_program_option, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_APPLE_float_pixels, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_NV_point_sprite, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float
09:05:52.059 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
09:05:52.133 [speech.synthesis]: Spoken messages are off.
09:05:52.214 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
09:05:52.346 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Users/Albee/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/ExtraFuelTanksV1.3.oxp/Config/equipment.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character ( at line 1
09:05:52.596 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 10 world scripts:
oolite-nova 1.76
oolite-trumbles 1.76
09:05:53.267 [loading.complete]: ========== Loading complete. ==========
09:06:06.595 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 10 world scripts:
oolite-nova 1.76
oolite-trumbles 1.76

Closing log at 2012-04-27 09:06:31 +0100.