[UPDATED RELEASE] - Explorers' Club OXP v.1.3.3 30/06/12

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

[UPDATED RELEASE] - Explorers' Club OXP v.1.3.3 30/06/12

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Inspired by discussion in this thread ( https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11212), and Wildeblood's plea -
I desperately want an Explorers' Club OXP to automate that process. One could gradually rise through the ranks and - only by visiting all 2048 planets - become president of the Explorers' Club.
ImageImageImage

There are currently two sub-versions of this OXP available. Version 1.3.3 is standalone and has no dependencies, version 1.3.3oxpC requires OXPconfig to change options. Other functionality is identical. Don't install both at the same time, although you can switch between the two without affecting the record of your explorations.

Download standalone version 1.3.3 - http://www.box.com/s/c9ogsbist6gj580gh7j1

Download OXPconfig dependent version 1.3.3oxpC - http://www.box.com/s/f9oub92gffuaiag5039s

Readme for standalone version 1.3.3
Explorers’ Club OXP v1.3.3 (30/06/12)
Inspired by Wildeblood, code by capt murphy - 2011,2012
Licence: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 : Please visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ for more info.
Requires Oolite 1.76.1

Overview:

Once installed this OXP keeps track of unique systems visited and reports on the manifest screen (F5) the total systems visited in the current galaxy out of 256 and the total systems visited out of 2048 in the whole Ooniverse. It also displays an Explorer ‘rank’. You need to visit all 2048 systems to be ranked an Elite Explorer.

In addition this OXP adds some functionality to the Long Range Chart (F6/F6) in that it can be set to different modes. To access the options screen press F2, then F6 when docked. The available options are:

1) Default - standard long range chart behaviour.
2) Long range chart shows animation of systems visited to date, in order of first visit.
3) Long range chart marks unvisited systems.
4) Player can manually mark systems on long range chart as a destination (highlight a system with the cursor and press F7)
5) Player can manually unmark systems on long range chart as a destination (highlight a system with the cursor and press F7)

Players should exercise caution when using the 2nd and 3rd options as it will clear any currently marked systems (e.g mission or contract destinations), although the 4th option can be used to manually reinstate them.

The options screen also allows you to choose when a system is recorded as visited. The options are.

1) Default – when docked at the main station.
2) On arrival from witch-space.

Options are persistent between sessions with the same save game.

The options screen also gives access to two further sets of mission screens.

1) Displays a list of the system names that have been visited so far in the current Galaxy, followed by a list of the system names that are yet to be visited in the current galaxy.
2) Displays a list of mile-stones that the player has completed / not completed so far. Defined mile-stones are:

· Visited all of the ‘Old Worlds’ in galaxy 1.
· Visited all of the ‘Famous Planets’ in galaxy 1 (as per OXP of same name).
· Visited all of the ‘Famous Planets’ in galaxy 2 (as per OXP of same name).
· Visited the ‘Prodigal Suns’ in galaxy 3.
· Visited the ‘Lost Worlds’ in galaxy 6.
· Visited the systems beyond the ‘Great Rift’ in galaxy 7.
· Visited Oresrati in galaxy 8.
· Visited all 8 galaxies at least once.

The options screen also allows you to enable/disable an experimental feature to keep a photographic record of systems visited. This is disabled by default.

If enabled the behaviour will depend on which option is set for recording a visit. If a visit is recorded on arrival from witch-space a screenshot will be automatically saved on exiting witch-space. If a visit is recorded on docking with the main station, at the next launch the player will be briefly ‘teleported’ to a good vantage point and a screenshot will be automatically saved before the player is teleported back to the launch point.

Change Log:

Version 1.0: 23/11/11 - Initial release.

Version 1.1: 24/11/11 – Fixed dodgy condition checks for the ‘rank’ string. Incorporated a number of code tweaks for efficiency suggested by Svengali.

Version 1.2.1: 1/12/11

Added functionality to view long range chart with unvisited systems marked, to view list of system names visited and unvisited in current galaxy, and to view list of mile-stones.
All missionScreens now managed via missionScreenOpportunity.
Long range chart mark visited systems animation will now complete in a maximum of 32 seconds (if all 256 systems have been visited).
Script now uses strict mode.
Added code to disable OXP entirely if player is in a galaxy outside of the range 1 to 8.
Added code to disable mile-stones feature if player is using a non-standard galaxy_seed.

Version 1.3.1: 21/01/12

Made compatible with Save Anywhere OXP.
Amended start-up behaviour for 1.76.
Removed use of forEach method for array iteration.
Message appended to system description on F7 screen to indicate whether system has been visited or not.
Added background image to missionScreens,
Added experimental photographic record of visited systems feature (thanks to Wildeblood for the snapshot HUD and some script suggestions, and thanks to the Honourable Guild of Test-Pilots for their valuable testing services).

Version 1.3.2 and 1.3.2oxpC: 5/03/12

Fixed minor bug in oxpC version that caused setting not to be saved in some circumstances.
Changed timing of record visit on witch space exit from this.shipWillExitWitchSpace to this.shipExitedWitchSpace - for compatibility with as yet unreleased long range jump OXPs.
Fixed mechanism of failsafe which prevents freeze should a JS timeout occur.

Version 1.3.3 and 1.3.3oxpC: 30/06/12

Fixed timer clean up mechanism to avoid unrooted timer errors when flicking rapidly to and from the long range chart,

Readme for OXPconfig dependent version 1.3.3oxpC
Explorers’ Club OXP v1.3.3oxpC (30/06/12)
Inspired by Wildeblood, code by capt murphy - 2011,2012
Licence: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 : Please visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ for more info.

Requires Oolite 1.76.1
Requires oxpConfig v.2.05
Requires Cabal_Common_Library v 1.5

Overview:

Once installed this OXP keeps track of unique systems visited and reports on the manifest screen (F5) the total systems visited in the current galaxy out of 256 and the total systems visited out of 2048 in the whole Ooniverse. It also displays an Explorer ‘rank’. You need to visit all 2048 systems to be ranked an Elite Explorer. From the manifest screen you can also press F6 to access more information about your explorations including lists of systems you have visited and systems you have not visited so far in the current galaxy and a list of other exploration mile-stones that you have completed or are yet to complete.

The current mile-stones are

· Visited all of the ‘Old Worlds’ in galaxy 1.
· Visited all of the ‘Famous Planets’ in galaxy 1 (as per OXP of same name).
· Visited all of the ‘Famous Planets’ in galaxy 2 (as per OXP of same name).
· Visited the ‘Prodigal Suns’ in galaxy 3.
· Visited the ‘Lost Worlds’ in galaxy 6.
· Visited the systems beyond the ‘Great Rift’ in galaxy 7.
· Visited Oresrati in galaxy 8.
· Visited all 8 galaxies at least once.

In addition this OXP adds some functionality to the Long Range Chart (F6/F6) in that it can be set to different modes. This version uses oxpConfig to access the options. oxpConfig can be accessed by pressing F2, then clicking on options. After a short delay oxpConfig will invite you to press F7 to access its screens.

Chart options are set via an oxpConfig slider.

1) Default - standard long range chart behaviour.
2) Long range chart shows animation of systems visited to date, in order of first visit.
3) Long range chart marks unvisited systems.
4) Player can manually mark systems on long range chart as a destination (highlight a system with the cursor and press F7)
5) Player can manually unmark systems on long range chart as a destination (highlight a system with the cursor and press F7)

Players should exercise caution when using the 2nd and 3rd options as it will clear any currently marked systems (e.g mission or contract destinations), although the 4th option can be used to manually reinstate them.

You can also set when a system is recorded as visited via oxpConfig. The options are.

1) Default – when docked at the main station.
2) On arrival from witch-space.

You can also enable/disable an experimental feature that keeps a photographic record of systems visited via oxpConfig. This is disabled by default.

If enabled the behaviour will depend on which option is set for recording a visit. If a visit is recorded on arrival from witch-space a screenshot will be automatically saved on exiting witch-space. If a visit is recorded on docking with the main station, at the next launch the player will be briefly ‘teleported’ to a good vantage point and a screenshot will be automatically saved before the player is teleported back to the launch point.

If you are changing to the oxpConfig dependant version of Explorers' Club from a previous standalone version your saved settings will be loaded into oxpConfig the first time you load a save game. However you will need to enter oxpConfig and manually store the settings for them to be maintained when you next save.

Change Log:

Version 1.0: 23/11/11 - Initial release.

Version 1.1: 24/11/11 – Fixed dodgy condition checks for the ‘rank’ string. Incorporated a number of code tweaks for efficiency suggested by Svengali.

Version 1.2.1: 1/12/11

Added functionality to view long range chart with unvisited systems marked, to view list of system names visited and unvisited in current galaxy, and to view list of mile-stones.
All missionScreens now managed via missionScreenOpportunity.
Long range chart mark visited systems animation will now complete in a maximum of 32 seconds (if all 256 systems have been visited).
Script now uses strict mode.
Added code to disable OXP entirely if player is in a galaxy outside of the range 1 to 8.
Added code to disable mile-stones feature if player is using a non-standard galaxy_seed.

Version 1.3.1: 21/1/12

Made compatible with Save Anywhere OXP.
Amended start-up behaviour for 1.76.
Removed use of forEach method for array iteration.
Message appended to system description on F7 screen to indicate whether system has been visited or not.
Added background image to missionScreens.
Added experimental photographic record of visited systems feature (thanks to Wildeblood for the snapshot HUD and some script suggestions, and thanks to the Honourable Guild of Test-Pilots for their valuable testing services).

Version 1.3.1oxpC: 21/1/12

Same features as 1.3.1 but options are set via oxpConfig.

Version 1.3.2 and 1.3.2oxpC: 5/03/12

Fixed minor bug in oxpC version that caused setting not to be saved in some circumstances.
Changed timing of record visit on witch space exit from this.shipWillExitWitchSpace to this.shipExitedWitchSpace - for compatibility with as yet unreleased long range jump OXPs.
Fixed mechanism of failsafe which prevents freeze should a JS timeout occur.

Version 1.3.3 and 1.3.3oxpC: 30/06/12

Fixed timer clean up mechanism to avoid unrooted timer errors when flicking rapidly to and from the long range chart,
Last edited by Capt. Murphy on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:45 am, edited 13 times in total.
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE] Explorers' Club OXP

Post by Wildeblood »

Never waste a cross-promotion opportunity...
Galactic Hyperdrive OXP

A free upgrade for the Galactic Hyperdrive, adding a destination programmer with 32 specific destinations, four in each galactic sector. Featured destinations include all the less commonly visited "Lost Worlds", allowing the operator to complete the Explorers' Club challenge.
Last edited by Wildeblood on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] - Explorers' Club OXP v.1.0 23/11/11

Post by JazHaz »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
Inspired by discussion in this thread ( https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11212), and Wildeblood's plea -
I desperately want an Explorers' Club OXP to automate that process. One could gradually rise through the ranks and - only by visiting all 2048 planets - become president of the Explorers' Club.
Sounds great, downloaded!
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

Another toy to play with, One suggestion is to provide a set of log entries to be placed to the Log File for unvisited systems for the current galaxy via the F2/F6 mission screen. Zero distance pairs may give the player a headache!

Good Work
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Wildeblood spotted a problem with the condition checking for the ranking and some grammatical issues so a fixed version will be uploaded shortly (probably tomorrow morning as Master & Commander Mrs Murphy is breathing down my neck).

Svengali has made some useful suggestions and explained how to use OXPconfig rather than an internal options screen so that will come in sometime soon.
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
Wildeblood spotted a problem with the condition checking for the ranking
Is that the ELSE IF issue that Eric Walch spotted on this thread? Why did you make two threads anyway?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

All the systems in G5 are marked now but I have three systems I haven't traveled, found the missing ones by copying the save file entry to excel and a bit of formulas and paste special helped. As I suspected they were near systems which you can not see clearly on long range chart, well using some cheat jumpers helps to test the OXP's :D

Moving to G6 now.
Last edited by Okti on Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My OXP's
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Blimey, you don't hang around Okti.

JazHaz - new thread was created as it's not really a good idea to have a release post 3 pages into the other thread. Merging the threads would be a good idea if one of the mods has the time.

Version 1.1 is available to download - first post updated with read-me and download link.
Change Log:

To Do:

Look to code a display of (if systems visited in current galaxy <= 128, systems visited) or (if systems visited > 128, systems left to visit).
Make options configurable via OXPconfig rather than in-house screen.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [UPDATED RELEASE] - Explorers' Club OXP v.1.1 24/11/11

Post by pagroove »

Nice OXP.
Could be nice to add certain achievements like: Vistited all of The Old Worlds, Tianve Tourist, Vetitice shipyards visitor etc or put all the regions from the maps in it.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

pagroove wrote:
Nice OXP.
Could be nice to add certain achievements like: Vistited all of The Old Worlds, Tianve Tourist, Vetitice shipyards visitor etc
This can be done - Lost Worlds and Oserati being other obvious achievements. Also having been round the eight could be recognised in some way without difficulty. Any other suggestions welcome.
or put all the regions from the maps in it.
Svengali's on to that with BGS.
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

pagroove wrote:
Nice OXP.
Could be nice to add certain achievements like: Vistited all of The Old Worlds, Tianve Tourist, Vetitice shipyards visitor etc or put all the regions from the maps in it.
T-shirts. Definitely. And stickers. In-game, of course, but the designs could be downloadable too ...
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Feature request:

As the number of visited systems on the chart increases, reduce the timer interval down from 0.25 seconds to a lower value. At four marks per second it will take over a whole minute to fill the chart. Try to hold that to 30 seconds, no matter how many systems there are to be marked.

Systems visited -> timer interval

x < 120 ... 0.25s
120 < x < 150 ... 0.2s
150 < x < 180 ... 0.16s
180 < x < 210 ... 0.143s
210 < x ... 0.125s
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Unfortunately the minimum interval for a timer is 0.25s so it's not a straightforward tweak. Might be able to do something with a frame callback, I'll have a think.

Edit to add - I could do something with TAF, but then that maybe wouldn't work with MNSR, depending on what build type is used for distribution.
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

Capt. Murphy wrote:
Unfortunately the minimum interval for a timer is 0.25s so it's not a straightforward tweak. Might be able to do something with a frame callback, I'll have a think.

Edit to add - I could do something with TAF, but then that maybe wouldn't work with MNSR, depending on what build type is used for distribution.
Try .125, works better.

Edit: Wiki may be out of date but not sure about that
My OXP's
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

Interesting, I'll have a mess around with that - although I've got a feeling if 0.125 does work it's a bug as the source code has got...

Code: Select all

// Minimum allowable interval for repeating timers.
#define kMinInterval 0.25

Code: Select all

// Ensure interval is not too small.
        if (0.0 < interval && interval < kMinInterval)  interval = kMinInterval;

Wildeblood also says you spotted a small bug on on the LR chart display the first jump after a Galactic Jump - will get that sorted as-well.