Galactic Hyperdrive / GalDrive Programmers OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Galactic Hyperdrive / GalDrive Programmers OXP

Post by Wildeblood »

Galactic Hyperdrive OXP ver. 1.1.3
Date: July 5th, 2012

Place the Galactic Hyperdrive OXP into your "AddOns" folder. This OXP contains three equipment items:

1. A free upgrade for the Galactic Hyperdrive, adding a destination programmer with 33 specific destinations, at least four in each galactic sector. Featured destinations include all the less commonly visited "Lost Worlds", allowing the operator to complete the Explorers' Club challenge.

2. A free upgrade to the ship's navigation chart system, adding a third chart screen that shows the general topography of the next galactic sector.

3. A Naval Hyperdrive Programmer provides a further selection of 112 destinations, each and every one of the Galactic Navy Sector Command (SecCom) stations, and is purchasable for 5000 credits at planets and stations of technical level 13.

After purchasing a Galactic Hyperdrive, use the prime-able equipment (N-key) menu while in flight to activate its programmer. Then press the n key repeatedly to cycle through a menu of reachable systems in the next galactic sector. Once you have selected your preferred destination, press g to initiate a galactic hyperspace jump.

To view a chart of the galactic sector that a very long range 'galactic' jump will take you to, press F6 while on the long-range chart screen.
F6 - Short range chart
F6, F6 - Galactic chart
F6, F6, F6 - Next Galactic chart

When a galactic jump is made the Naval Hyperdrive Programmer, if fitted, is automatically put into safe stowage. This has two beneficial effects: the programmer cannot be damaged in combat while stowed, and the prime-able equipment menu is not cluttered with an impractical item. When a new Galactic Hyperdrive is purchased, the programmer is automatically brought out of stowage.
There is a known issue with the Naval Hyperdrive Programmer: a galactic jump to Quzaarar (SecCom 2) on Chart 4 actually arrives at Riusbequ. (Those two planets are so close to each other they have the same galactic co-ordinates.) Please report any other errors found here.

Download Galactic Hyperdrive OXP here.

(The Microosooft Hyperdrive Programmer, mentioned below, is no longer included in this version.)
Last edited by Wildeblood on Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:03 pm, edited 10 times in total.
maik
Wiki Wizard
Wiki Wizard
Location: Ljubljana, Slovenia (mainly industrial, feudal, TL12)

Re: [RELEASE] Naval GalDrive Programmer

Post by maik »

Nice! Added it to the [wiki]OXP List[/wiki].
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Impressive! :)
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Capt. Murphy
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Capt. Murphy »

:o .....3D arrays....very clever.....
[EliteWiki] Capt. Murphy's OXPs
External JavaScript resources - W3Schools & Mozilla Developer Network
Win 7 64bit, Intel Core i5 with HD3000 (driver rev. 8.15.10.2696 - March 2012), Oolite 1.76.1
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Switeck »

Wildeblood wrote:
Known issues with Naval Hyperdrive Programmer:

1. Galactic jump to Quzaarar (SecCom 2) on Chart 4 arrives at Riusbequ. (Those two planets are so close to each other they have the same galactic co-ordinates.)
If you were wanting to go to a specific system that has (nearly?) the same X, Y coord as another system...you could try giving the Galactic Hyperdrive a X, Y coord that's slightly off-center of either of the 2 systems. Oolite tends to lock onto the "nearer" system in a predictable manner.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] GalDrive Programmers

Post by Wildeblood »

Switeck wrote:
Wildeblood wrote:
Known issues with Naval Hyperdrive Programmer:

1. Galactic jump to Quzaarar (SecCom 2) on Chart 4 arrives at Riusbequ. (Those two planets are so close to each other they have the same galactic co-ordinates.)
If you were wanting to go to a specific system that has (nearly?) the same X, Y coord as another system...you could try giving the Galactic Hyperdrive a X, Y coord that's slightly off-center of either of the 2 systems. Oolite tends to lock onto the "nearer" system in a predictable manner.
Thanks for the tip, Switeck. I gave it a bit of a try, but no joy. They are not nearly the same location, they are exactly the same, with 0.0ly separation.

I've just updated the OXP with the sensibly-priced, civilian programmer, in which I've included all the Lost Worlds as well as some convenient arrival points in each galaxy/sector.
Kaks
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by Kaks »

Wildeblood wrote:
Thanks for the tip, Switeck. I gave it a bit of a try, but no joy. They are not nearly the same location, they are exactly the same, with 0.0ly separation.
True, but as Switeck said, I can't help feeling that a jump to x+0.01,y+0.01 should reliably get you to the second overlapping system, rather than the first one...
Hey, free OXPs: farsun v1.05 & tty v0.5! :0)
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Kaks wrote:
Wildeblood wrote:
True, but as Switeck said, I can't help feeling that a jump to x+0.01,y+0.01 should reliably get you to the second overlapping system, rather than the first one...
Add a bit to x and y? At the same time? Ooh... I'll try that... ... ... and it doesn't help.
Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [UPDATED RELEASE] GalDrive Programmers

Post by Switeck »

So, since you probably don't care to go to both systems in the pair...it consistently goes to the wrong one?
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Switeck wrote:
So, since you probably don't care to go to both systems in the pair...it consistently goes to the wrong one?
Yep, it goes to Riusbequ, which is drawn directly over Quzaarar on the short-range chart. But then it's just a short hop - 0.0ly - to the right one.
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

Wildeblood wrote:
Switeck wrote:
Yep, it goes to Riusbequ, which is drawn directly over Quzaarar on the short-range chart. But then it's just a short hop - 0.0ly - to the right one.
Seems like the problem with systems sharing the same coordinates, unfortunately there is no fix for this problem atm.
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run
kcallis
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by kcallis »

What exactly is the Microsooft Hyperdrive Programmer? And is it a real device or a parody?
fronclynne
Deadly
Deadly

Post by fronclynne »

kcallis wrote:
What exactly is the Microsooft Hyperdrive Programmer? And is it a real device or a parody?

Code: Select all

:~ $ cat .Oolite/AddOns/GalDrive\ Programmers.oxp/Scripts/microosooft_galdrive_programmer.js
:lol:
kcallis
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by kcallis »

Thanks... I never thought to look at the actual scripts... :) Yes, vaporware it is and $10K credits to boot!!! It would seem that the ghost of Bill Gates exists even in the time of the oolite period!
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [UPDATED] Galactic Hyperdrive OXP

Post by Wildeblood »

New in version 1.1.1:-
When a galactic jump is made the Naval Hyperdrive Programmer, if fitted, is automatically put into safe stowage. This has two beneficial effects: the programmer cannot be damaged in combat while stowed, and the prime-able equipment menu is not cluttered with an impractical item. When a new Galactic Hyperdrive is purchased, the programmer is automatically brought out of stowage.
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."