(NEW RELEASE) Q-Chargerv1.2.oxp

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

(NEW RELEASE) Q-Chargerv1.2.oxp

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Q-Chargerv1.2.oxp is now available.

Download here:
http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Q-Charger

Added 3 missing sound toggle checks to prevent problems with the sound when the sound is toggled to "OFF". Thanx sdrubble for pointing out the problem. Now fixed! :D

Any playtest results or bugs or comments about the Q-Charger may be posted here.

Now go have some fun! :D
==========================================
Q-Chargerv1.1.oxp is now available.

Download here:

Sounds have been put through a low-pass filter to attenuate the high frequencies. Sounds can be toggled off in the startup of the main script. Numeric Hudv1.3 will display the top speed on the speed gauge when the Q-Charger is activated.

Have fun! :D
==========================================
The Q-Charger is in essence a Quirium Supercharger for your ship. Activates/deactivates by setting the throttle over/under 95% of the normal ships maximum speed. The ship boost results in a 100% speed gain with twice the fuel efficiency of fuel injectors. Drift is non-existent so maneuvering is good. There is no readout of the increased speed however. Consumable use is 0.1 ly fuel/30 seconds and 4 energy/second. Test results indicate an adder with a Naval Energy Unit can use this effectively and it is balanced for use with a Cobra MKIII. Purchase requires that fuel injection already be installed and operation requires working injectors and a functioning energy unit. The sound effects can be toggled off in the startup section of the main script. If you like dogfighting then this is for you as it is kinda fun to use this. :D

Mad Max anyone? 8)

This is a first run of this concept and test results and comments are appreciated. Have fun with this as I found it rather fun to test and use. :D
Last edited by CommonSenseOTB on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: (WIP) Q-Charger.oxp

Post by RyanHoots »

Sounds like another great piece of equipment that could shift the odds in combat the smallest bit in your favor, resulting in victory. I love it! :D
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

Just a note about the read-me. You put it in the oxp. Would it be possible to have it separate instead. I have also read that the mac has problems when it is done this way, but not to sure about that.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Dragonfire
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Dragonfire »

Installed it, but nothing showed up on the equipment screen. Will try again later.
Fatleaf

Post by Fatleaf »

Worked fine for me.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Fatleaf wrote:
Just a note about the read-me. You put it in the oxp. Would it be possible to have it separate instead. I have also read that the mac has problems when it is done this way, but not to sure about that.
Oops! Oversight has been corrected. Normally put a readme outside the oxp.

So, lots of downloads, any test results? Post them here please.
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

WIKI+OXPs
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

Test results:
Q-Charger caused my death. Don't know how, but after my shields were down I died instantly. Sound was rather annoying, too. I think it could replace the fuel injectors at a pinch, though. :wink:
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

It will be interesting to know in play-testing if something like the Q-Charger, or just normal injectors are needed to do the Constrictor mission post-No-Torus. Currently the Constrictor, which is much faster than the Standard Cobby3 most people are still flying by the the time they get the mission, cannot get away, because the player just waits for it to go off scanner and then Torus back up to it's position. Eventually exhausting it and leaving it vulnerable to inject and snipe tactics, which is also why I suspect it feels much less of a challenge to many who remember the beads of sweat appearing on their foreheads on the 8-bit versions of the mission.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

"needed to do the Constrictor mission post-No-Torus"
is that still happening? i thought that was part of Oolite 2?
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Killer Wolf wrote:
:oops: Erm, nothing to see here, this isn't the post you're looking for, move along...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

RyanHoots wrote:
Test results:
Q-Charger caused my death. Don't know how, but after my shields were down I died instantly. Sound was rather annoying, too. I think it could replace the fuel injectors at a pinch, though. :wink:
I guess you didn't read the Readme. The readme is outside the oxp now so if you got an early copy without it then re-download it and read it. There is a toggle in the startup of the main script. Set it to off if you don't like the sound. The sound serves a purpose to let you know when the Q-Charger is on so you know your top speed is currently doubled. Also, when any of the following happen<fuel injectors damaged, energy unit damaged, fuel drops below 0.1, and energy drops below 32> the Q-Charger deactivates. The Q-Charger normally drains 4 energy/second. You probably were using it right up to the point of cut out. I suspect you caused your own death due to negligent use of the Q-Charger, perhaps. :wink:

WIKI+OXPs
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by RyanHoots »

CommonSenseOTB wrote:
RyanHoots wrote:
Test results:
I guess you didn't read the Readme. The readme is outside the oxp now so if you got an early copy without it then re-download it and read it. There is a toggle in the startup of the main script. Set it to off if you don't like the sound. The sound serves a purpose to let you know when the Q-Charger is on so you know your top speed is currently doubled. Also, when any of the following happen<fuel injectors damaged, energy unit damaged, fuel drops below 0.1, and energy drops below 32> the Q-Charger deactivates. The Q-Charger normally drains 4 energy/second. You probably were using it right up to the point of cut out. I suspect you caused your own death due to negligent use of the Q-Charger, perhaps. :wink:
The sound shouldn't be too hard to disable, yes.
If the Q-Charger can cause death that easily, I doubt I want to use it. :wink:
I'll keep working with it. If only it could be switched on/off like the Injectors...[/color]
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Thanks for your opinion, I'll take that under advisement. Anyone else have a test result? :D

WIKI+OXPs
Killer Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Killer Wolf »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Killer Wolf wrote:
:oops: Erm, nothing to see here, this isn't the post you're looking for, move along...
your avian mind tricks won't work on me, bird.
drew
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by drew »

The ability to remove a post is insignificant next to the power of going off topic... :)

Cheers,

Drew.
Drew is an author of SF and Fantasy Novels
WebsiteFacebookTwitter