Military Fuel Injectors OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Military Fuel Injectors OXP

Post by Thargoid »

As requested elsewhere, this little OXP provides the military fuel injector upgrade as featured in the Vortex.

It gives regeneration of unburnt fuel back into the system (improved efficiency) and also a velocity boost compared to the standard civilian system.

- - = = Download Mil Fuel Injectors OXP here = = - -
RyanHoots
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Military Fuel Injectors OXP

Post by RyanHoots »

Is it legal? If not, I want it. If so, I still want it. :D
Dragonfire
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Dragonfire »

Will download for my run this evening!
Dragonfire
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Dragonfire »

Very nice. It certainly does give you a bit of momentum. One thing I'm getting used to, though, is having to slow down before I start aiming after using the mil fuel injectors. Otherwise...yeah, forget hitting anything.
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

Very interesting, but will this improve the vortex's performance or is this of other vessels only?
I ask this as I have seen some MKI cobbies, Asps, and even an Adder suddenly light up and leave me in the dust, even on full injectors. When they do that, I usually give up the chase and turn my attentions to slower targets of opportunity.
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.
MAWL
Above Average
Above Average

Post by MAWL »

Gonna check these out sounds interesting.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Yah-Ta-Hey wrote:
Very interesting, but will this improve the vortex's performance or is this of other vessels only?
I ask this as I have seen some MKI cobbies, Asps, and even an Adder suddenly light up and leave me in the dust, even on full injectors. When they do that, I usually give up the chase and turn my attentions to slower targets of opportunity.
They will work on any player ship, as long as said ship also has normal fuel injectors (these are an upgrade kit for them).

The NPC ships cannot use these specific bits of equipment, although they could be scripted to have something equivalent. So what you're seeing on NPCs are just normal injectors perhaps.
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

Ah so, I was just blown away by these ships acting normally then suddenly having tail plumes 3 time longer than they are.
You are probably right about normal injectors but man oh man it is really tough catching something that is flying around you like a hungry mosquito who has found a rich victim to plunder.
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.
Albee
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Albee »

Thargoid wrote:
As requested elsewhere, this little OXP provides the military fuel injector upgrade as featured in the Vortex.

It gives regeneration of unburnt fuel back into the system (improved efficiency) and also a velocity boost compared to the standard civilian system.
I've recently fitted Military Fuel Injectors to Noomi IV, my Boa Clipper, and I'm certainly seeing the improved efficiency: when using the injectors, the fuel in the tank will occasionally drop by 0.1, only to go back up again (e.g. 3.2... 3.1... 3.2). I assume what I'm seeing here is the recovery of unburned fuel.

There's no velocity boost, however -- speed under injection is 2534, both with and without the Military Fuel Injectors. I was expecting to see a significant increase after fitting them.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Yes it is fuel recovery.

As for speed - you should see an increase whilst you are using them (ie whilst you are under injectors) but that will drain off once you stop using them. How fast that drain-off occurs depends on the ship that you are flying.

A simple way to test if they are working is to go to max speed under injectors for a period and then come to a full-stop. If the injectors are working then your ship should actually continue to drift forward for a short while until the extra velocity boost drains off.
Albee
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Albee »

Thargoid wrote:
[...]As for speed - you should see an increase whilst you are using them (ie whilst you are under injectors)[...]
I'm using NumericHUDv3, which, as you know, quotes speed explicitly. The actual speed displayed is 2534 with civilian injectors, and exactly the same after fitting the military version. Possessing no coding skills, I haven't a clue where the HUD gets its information from, however (in a programming sense).
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Maybe it's a thoughtful feature added by the NumericHUD people to help you avoid speeding tickets :wink:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

Just a question about the workings of the oxp. It works when your speed reaches near to the top speed of your ship, correct! But what if you have the fuel collector and are stuck in interstellar space which only collects fuel at the top speed of your ship? Do you see a problem?
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

It does two things

1) When you are under injectors (ie at 7x your normal max speed) you get 0.1ly of fuel back every 8s. Basically that means that you do still consume fuel, but overall at a slower rate than normal (it's the best that can be done to emulate a lower consumption injector, or in this case a fuel reclaim system).

2) When you get the refuel, your velocity is also increased by x1.2 . This will slowly decay over time, hence the dependence on the ship you're flying (or at least on its stats).

So if you're using fuel collector in IS under injectors then yes you'll get fuel back a bit quicker, but if it's just at normal max speed then it won't do anything.
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Big hint...

Don't inject, with the Military Injectors, all the way from the witchpoint to the planet. Not unless you have enough fuel to cancel the Non-existent Newtonian physics :evil: