Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

AI Trading Assistant

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Jeffers2112
Average
Average

Re: AI Trading Assistant OXP 2.2.1

Post by Jeffers2112 »

Well, that's two more OXPs for my ever-growing collection! (see previous two posts)
Best regards,
Jeff
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: AI Trading Assistant OXP 2.3

Post by Wildeblood »

Here's another. The first prevents trading in illegal goods at main stations only, the second prevents it at all stations.
AI Trading Moral Relativism OXP ver. 2.4
Date: February 15th, 2013
Author: Wildeblood

Installation and use:

This is a plug-in OXP to be used alongside AI Trading Assistant OXP, version 2.4, it will not work independently.

Once purchased, Trading Assistant with Autotrade ATS can:-

1) Offer recommendations of which commodities to buy and sell, based on current market prices.

2) If Autotrade is enabled, follow up by buying and selling cargo fully automatically.

Autotrade does not normally discriminate illegal goods when purchasing, it is concerned solely with finding the best discounts. If you wish to prevent Autotrade from recommending or buying illegal goods at main stations, where you can be fined for leaving the station with them on board, simply place the AI Trading Moral Relativism OXP into your "AddOns" folder, alongside the main AI Trading Assistant OXP. Trading at rock hermits and OXP stations will not be affected. No configuration is needed or possible.
AI Trading Ethical Trader OXP ver. 2.4
Date: February 13th, 2013
Author: Wildeblood

Installation and use:

This is a plug-in OXP to be used alongside AI Trading Assistant OXP, version 2.4, it will not work independently.

Once purchased, Trading Assistant with Autotrade ATS can:-

1) Offer recommendations of which commodities to buy and sell, based on current market prices.

2) If Autotrade is enabled, follow up by buying and selling cargo fully automatically.

Autotrade does not normally discriminate illegal goods when purchasing, it is concerned solely with finding the best discounts. If you wish to prevent Autotrade from recommending or buying illegal goods, simply place the AI Trading Ethical Trader OXP into your "AddOns" folder, alongside the main AI Trading Assistant OXP. No configuration is needed or possible.
Edit: removed download links. Find the download links for versions 2.7 on page 9.
Last edited by Wildeblood on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
Jeffers2112
Average
Average

Re: AI Trading Assistant OXP 2.2.2

Post by Jeffers2112 »

OK, got the full set installed now, I'll let you know how I get on. :D
Best regards,
Jeff
Jorge van den Poem
Competent
Competent

Post by Jorge van den Poem »

I downloaded the Al Trading Assistant OXP 2.2.2 and it works but I seem not be able to get it work automaticly I do not get a possibility to get it started what do I do wrong??? please help
Jeffers2112
Average
Average

Post by Jeffers2112 »

Jorge van den Poem wrote:
I downloaded the Al Trading Assistant OXP 2.2.2 and it works but I seem not be able to get it work automaticly I do not get a possibility to get it started what do I do wrong??? please help
I believe the default setting when you start it is advice mode. If you press key 4 you'll see an option to look at trade statistics, when you've selected this it also let's you change the mode that the assistant is working in.
Best regards,
Jeff
Jorge van den Poem
Competent
Competent

I do get the assistant to work in advice mode this is in the normal F8 screen however when I then hit the F4 key I get a screen that says interfaces for SuperCobra and Torus station- Space Rickshaw Co.
and then the following options :

Cargo deliveries
Parcel contract deliveries
Passenger contract deliveries

Nothing else in this screen :?
Jorge van den Poem
Competent
Competent

whell I got the assistant to work automaticly and that suits me very well :D I only have one more question what does flummoxed mean I do not know the word yet :D okay English is not my native language you probably will have noticed that but I like to learn :D
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

whell I got the assistant to work automaticly and that suits me very well :D I only have one more question what does flummoxed mean I do not know the word yet :D okay English is not my native language you probably will have noticed that but I like to learn :D
Dictionary.com is your friend..
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ ... ref&ch=dic
flummoxed
flum·mox
[fluhm-uhks]
verb (used with object) Informal.
to bewilder; confound; confuse.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

I do get the assistant to work in advice mode this is in the normal F8 screen however when I then hit the F4 key I get a screen that says interfaces for SuperCobra and Torus station- Space Rickshaw Co.
and then the following options :

Cargo deliveries
Parcel contract deliveries
Passenger contract deliveries

Nothing else in this screen :?
There should be an option called "Trading history". Like this:-

Um, what does flummoxed mean? Um... it's sort of between frustrated and befuddled, I suppose. :?
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Or just have a mac and look it up in the installed dictionary:
flum●mox |ˈfləməks|
verb [ trans. ] (usu. be flummoxed) informal
perplex (someone) greatly; bewilder : he was completely flummoxed by the question.
ORIGIN mid 19th cent.: probably of dialect origin; compare with dialect flummock [to make untidy, confuse.]
And yes, I also did not heard this word before. :lol:
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Linux has an installed dictionary too.. but as usual, Windows users have to install something themselves.. :lol:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Jorge van den Poem
Competent
Competent

I do have a Mac but I do not know how to acces the dictionary It seems to me te be very handy!!! :D
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

I do have a Mac but I do not know how to acces the dictionary It seems to me te be very handy!!! :D
It's in the context menu. Just select any word on your screen and ctrl-click it. :wink:
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

AI Trading Assistant OXP 2.2.5

Post by Wildeblood »

Okay, I assume the trouble Jorge had was because the trading history screen wasn't added until after your first flight, i.e. you had some history. But if it's going to cause confusion (or flummox people), that's no good, so I've changed it so it's added as soon as the equipment is bought.

Also, there's a new message which will appear very, very rarely among the buying alerts, but only if you set your destination on the chart screen before going to the market screen.
Change Log:

2.2.5 (February 9th, 2013) Compatibility changes.

2.2.4 (February 1st, 2013) Tweaked interface screen.

2.2.3 (January 30th, 2013) Interface screen now added immediately after equipment bought.

2.2.2 (January 29th, 2013) Changed highlight text for illegal goods from "SELL" to "Illegal".

2.2.1 (January 25th, 2013) Autotrade and advice mode (off/advise/slow/fast) selectable from interface screen.

2.2 (January 24th, 2013) Integrated Autotrade, trading mode (off/slow/fast) selectable from interface screen.
Last edited by Wildeblood on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

AI Trading Assistant OXP 2.2.5

Post by Wildeblood »

What are these mysterious "compatibility changes"?... Ta-da!...

Last edited by Wildeblood on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:46 am, edited 4 times in total.