Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[Solved] Trunk 1.75.3.4551 (Windows): no bounty tit-for-tat

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

[Solved] Trunk 1.75.3.4551 (Windows): no bounty tit-for-tat

Post by UK_Eliter »

I don't ever seem to get my bounty reduced anymore by killing other ships with bounties. Is this by design?

Also, there's this in the log:

Code: Select all

23:10:00.734 [script.javaScript.timeLimit]: ***** ERROR: Script "oolite-default-ship-script" ran for 1.58321 seconds and has been terminated.
23:10:00.734 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:  0 (oolite-default-ship-script.js:110) <not a function frame>
23:10:00.734 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     this: [Script "oolite-default-ship-script" version (nil)]
23:10:00.734 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     version: "1.75.3"
23:10:00.734 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     description: "Standard script for ships."
23:10:00.734 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     copyright: "© 2007-2011 the Oolite team."
23:10:00.734 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     author: "Jens Ayton"
23:10:00.734 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     name: "oolite-default-ship-script"
23:10:00.734 [script.javaScript.stackTrace]:     ship: [Ship "eng_bit5" position: (0, 0, 0) scanClass: CLASS_NOT_SET status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT] [read-only]
23:10:00.734 [script.javaScript.load.failed]: ***** Error loading JavaScript script Resources/Scripts/oolite-default-ship-script.js -- could not run scrip
Last edited by Getafix on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as [Solved].
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Re: Trunk 1.75.3.4551 (Windows): no bounty tit-for-tat

Post by JensAyton »

Regarding the log message, I don’t know what a “ eng_bit5” is, but I’m wondering whether it uses legacy script setup_actions.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

UK_Eliter wrote:
I don't ever seem to get my bounty reduced anymore by killing other ships with bounties. Is this by design?
Depends on what exactly you're doing.

There never existed a feature of getting your bounty reduced for killing other ships with bounties in vanilla Oolite. This used to be a feature of Anarchies.oxp, which was removed when a similar feature was introduced to vanilla Oolite in version 1.74.

The new(ish) feature in Oolite reduces your own bounty if and when you help a police ship fight a criminal and get a comms message to the effect of "thank you commander" from that police ship.

If you're doing that and receive the comms message, your bounty should get reduced also in current trunk. However, the new(ish) Oolite feature does not include a notification of your bounty reduction. You have to check from time to time on the F5-screen whether you have become clean (or offender) again.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

@McLane: aha; thanks for the information.

@Ahruman: the _eng_bit error owed to the urutu_IV OXP (which was mistitled on the wiki; I've fixed it). But I updated my copy of that and the error seems to have disappeared.
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

UK_Eliter wrote:
@Ahruman: the _eng_bit error owed to the urutu_IV OXP (which was mistitled on the wiki; I've fixed it). But I updated my copy of that and the error seems to have disappeared.
That’s a pity. I would much rather have had confirmation on the nature of the problem.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

I'm still getting the (no) tit-for-tat problem, at least in furballs.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Any response to this anyone, please?
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

In my opinion it was already answered by:
Commander McLane wrote:
There never existed a feature of getting your bounty reduced for killing other ships with bounties in vanilla Oolite.
And currently it only happens in special cases when helping GalCop. All other cases are done by installed oxps.
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by UK_Eliter »

Ah, OK; thanks. I think the behaviour has changed because I uninstalled the galactic navy OXP. We'll see!
Eric Walch

Re: [Solved] Trunk 1.75.3.4551 (Windows): no bounty tit-for-

Post by Eric Walch »

Now I had the same error in the log:

[script.javaScript.timeLimit] OOJSEngineTimeManagement.m:212: ***** ERROR: Script "oolite-default-ship-script" ran for 0.220652 seconds and has been terminated.
[script.javaScript.stackTrace] OOJavaScriptEngine.m:764:  0 (oolite-default-ship-script.js:110) <not a function frame>
[script.javaScript.stackTrace] OOJavaScriptEngine.m:685:     this: [Script "oolite-default-ship-script" version (null)]
[script.javaScript.stackTrace] OOJavaScriptEngine.m:685:     version: "1.75.4"
[script.javaScript.stackTrace] OOJavaScriptEngine.m:685:     description: "Standard script for ships."
[script.javaScript.stackTrace] OOJavaScriptEngine.m:685:     copyright: "© 2007-2011 the Oolite team."
[script.javaScript.stackTrace] OOJavaScriptEngine.m:685:     author: "Jens Ayton"
[script.javaScript.stackTrace] OOJavaScriptEngine.m:685:     name: "oolite-default-ship-script"
[script.javaScript.stackTrace] OOJavaScriptEngine.m:685:     ship: [Ship "umcpit" position: (0, 0, 0) scanClass: CLASS_NOT_SET status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT] [read-only]
[script.javaScript.load.failed] OOJSScript.m:239: ***** Error loading JavaScript script /Users/ericwalch/Oolite/trunk/build/Debug/Oolite.app/Contents/Resources/Scripts/oolite-default-ship-script.js -- could not run script
"umcpit" is a subentity of the ship "Urutu MkIV" that is from "Urutu MkIV.oxp". It is a ship with 33 subentities and this is the first one. The position is the subentity position. I immediately made an entitydump, but could not find the ship itself in the system. For some reason the subEntity got the status STATUS_IN_FLIGHT. No idea what went wrong and I don't think its in the ship definition as it all looks okay. Also spawning of the ship with the console does not generate errors.

On the other hand, the first report of the error happened with the same ship suggesting its something in the ship itself that is triggering it. I have the oxp installed for only a few days now, so wait a bit to see if I get it more often.

I do see that some subentities have a name with "turret" in them, but they are not defined as being turrets, so I don't think they will work. However, that should be unrelated to the bug. And the [solved] in the title was a bit to fast as it happened with the latest trunk.
Eric Walch

Re: [Solved] Trunk 1.75.3.4551 (Windows): no bounty tit-for-

Post by Eric Walch »

There is definitely something wrong with that ship, although I don't know what. When I type in the console:

S.mainStation.launchShipWithRole("UrutuIV",true).inspect()
I see that the ship is generated and the ship is shown in the mac-target inspector as being docked. But than, when it should launch, the ship is just removed from the universe. No errors in the log. Something similar happens for ships that are to big, but that situation is always logged.
I tested with both 1.75.3 vanilla as with latest trunk.

Edit: I added a logline at the end of "launchShip" in stationEntity.m. At that moment the ship still exist. There must be something after that what the ship removes from the system. It only happens on launch, not on normal addition.

Edit2: the problem is in the model. When I replace the model by adder_redux.dat, the ship does launch okay. It even looks a bit like the original and not like an adder because of all its 30 subents.