bad station

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

bad station

Post by Commander McLane »

Code: Select all

[universe.setup.badStation]: Failed to set up a ship for role "none" as system station, trying again with "dodecahedron".
I seem to remember that one OXPer used 'none' as a dummy role (Dr. Nil?, LittleBear?). However, I don't recall the OXP, the type of ship, and whether it's related to the error in the log.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: bad station

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:

[universe.setup.badStation]: Failed to set up a ship for role "none" as system station, trying again with "dodecahedron".
I seem to remember that one OXPer used 'none' as a dummy role (Dr. Nil?, LittleBear?). However, I don't recall the OXP, the type of ship, and whether it's related to the error in the log.
Asteroid storm used a "none" for a station role after mission failure. It is stored in the planetInfo :

System.infoForSystem(0, 55).station = "none";
Seeing this error it probably means that asteroid storm is also broken as it now adds an alternative station. Could be that it was broken a long time ago though. I haven't recently tested that part.

Probably it needs code like used in the nova mission. Not preventing the addition, but immediately destroying it. :twisted:

// Destroy all stations (and carriers) in the system. If we just blow up the
// main one, the player can eject, be rescued and buy fuel without triggering
// the escape pod failure state.
this._blowUpAllStations = function ()
{
	system.filteredEntities(this, function (entity)
	{
		if (entity.isStation)
		{
			entity.explode();
		}
	});
};
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

I've just had this pop up in my log file too. Methinks it may be due to Assassins - it only popped up when I jump into Esuasve. I completed Asteroid Storm without losing the station, and I'm in the wrong galaxy for that.

In the script.plist, line 456 sets the station to none:

conditions = ("gui_screen_string oneof GUI_SCREEN_STATUS, GUI_SCREEN_EQUIP_SHIP, GUI_SCREEN_MARKET, GUI_SCREEN_SHORT_RANGE_CHART", "dockedAtMainStation_bool equal YES", "mission_assassins equal assassins_STAGE11", "mission_assassins_jumpcount greaterthan 9", "galaxy_number equal 6", "score_number greaterthan 2399"); 
							do = ( 
								"setMissionMusic: none",
								"setMissionImage: news.png",		 
								setGuiToMissionScreen, 
								"addMissionText: hitbrief_11",
								"set: mission_assassins_jumpcount 0",
								"set: mission_assassins_war 1",
								"set: mission_assassins_unlocked 0",
								"set: mission_assassins_bugattack 1",
								"set: mission_assassins_navybots 1",
								"setMissionDescription: assassins_header20", 
								"set: mission_assassins assassins_STAGE11a",
								"setSpecificPlanetInfo: 6=13=description=Eszausve is famous for its rocky moon and the twin gas giants Hades and Lernean, but cursed by one of the most oppressive governments in the Galaxy. The construction of a mighty Dreadnaught by the regime has spurred GalCop to expel the Dictatorship from the Union of Worlds and arm the Eszausveian People's Popular Front. All GalCop Stations have been withdrawn and the Space Lanes are a battle zone. Commanders are advised to avoid this system.",
								"setSpecificPlanetInfo: 6=13=inhabitants=Resisting harmless fat birds",
								"setSpecificPlanetInfo: 6=13=government=3",
								"setSpecificPlanetInfo: 6=13=station=none" 
							); 
Also, it says all GalCop stations have been withdrawn, but I have a dodo as a main station which I can dock at.

The information is stored in my save file:

<key>6 13</key>
	<dict>
	    <key>description</key>
	    <string>Eszausve is famous for its rocky moon and the twin gas giants Hades and Lernean. The rebel birds have won a major victory against their oppressor. Rebel forces now control over 70% of the major cities. However, fierce fighting continues both upon the planet and in the space lanes. The whereabouts of Governor Tarkin and the Top Bird&apos;s fleet of Daemon Class Cruisers remains a mystery. Due to the civil war, no effective government is in place. Traders are advised to avoid this system.</string>
	    <key>government</key>
	    <string>0</string>
	    <key>inhabitants</key>
	    <string>Resisting harmless fat birds</string>
	    <key>productivity</key>
	    <string>98764</string>
	    <key>station</key>
	    <string>none</string>
	    <key>techlevel</key>
	    <string>14</string>
	</dict>

(Note - some of this is different to above, as I've just completed another stage of the mission, but you can see that it assigns "none" to "station")
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

This looks like an accidental compatibility break. I’ll poke around in 1.65 source later today.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Mauiby de Fug wrote:
I've just had this pop up in my log file too. Methinks it may be due to Assassins - it only popped up when I jump into Esuasve. I completed Asteroid Storm without losing the station, and I'm in the wrong galaxy for that.

(Note - some of this is different to above, as I've just completed another stage of the mission, but you can see that it assigns "none" to "station")
Both are from Little Bear and its likely that he used it more than once. "none" has no special meaning as far a I am aware. It is just an none existing role. Things probably will go wrong when there does exist a ship with that role. :wink:
I just played Asteroid storm in a failed mission. I got that same line, but didn't see a station in the system. (only the buoy). So for asteroid storm there was no problem. (It could be that there was already code in it to remove stations)
Although on testing I noticed the wrong message is displayed on docking in a nearby system :oops: I probably didn't test failure enough.