Missing Location

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

Phoenix4
Dangerous
Dangerous

Missing Location

Post by Phoenix4 »

Hi guys,

I decided to try the cargo contracts market as I'm quite new still, in the hope of increasing the bank balance enough to buy a decent fighter\cargo ship. I'm currently using the cheap freighter capable of carrying 150 tons of cargo - but has no offensive capabilities (the ships name escapes me right now!).

I've just seen a nice contract worth 20K credits, but the destination doesn't exist!

I've uploaded a couple of screenshots to show you. I'm in the Ordima system in Galaxy 1, and the intended destination is Sori - but as you can see it's not found on the map.

(EDIT: Running this on Windows XP - latest Oolite 1.72.2 version with Realistic Shipyards and many other OXP's - but not those included in RS, so no conflicts).

Px4

Contract for 2448 grams of gem-stones for 20K

Map - no Sori... :cry:

EDIT 2 - I just took a look at Presti's Trading Starmap and it shows Sori located in the lower right corner. In my game that's a system called Ascension...

Are the maps different for each version or has something gone wrong here?

Last edited by Phoenix4 on Sun May 17, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tivva
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Right behind you in a cloaked Thargoid Warship prototype

Post by Tivva »

Sori does exist in galaxy 1
Extract from the Planet list http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolite ... t/Galaxy_1

# 66. Sori (251,252), {15,117,170} within 7.0 LY. Radius 4859 km.
Dictatorship, Mainly Agri. Pop. 4.0 B, Prod. 13440 MCr. HC: 3, TL: 9, Human Colonials.
The world Sori is beset by a evil disease.

Look at the planet in the bottom right hand corner of the gal map- Sori
8)

Tivva
Phoenix4
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Phoenix4 »

Hi Tivva, I just took another look around manually clicking the systems - still no Sori.

Instead of Sori as shown on the map I get Ascension as shown in the screenshot. None of the surrounding systems are Sori either:

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

One of your installed OXPs will have renamed it. But the mission screen is still using the original in-built name.

If you head to Ascension instead of Sori it should complete the mission.
Phoenix4
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Phoenix4 »

Thanks Thargoid,

I don't suppose there's a way of finding which OXP has renamed it? (Other than uninstalling them one-by-one)?

Also, does anyone know if this is likely to occur with other systems, or in your experiences, is this a 'one-off'?

Thanks,

Px4
Frame
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Frame »

well other than removing them one by one...

Any good text editor lets you search in files... so you could just search for Ascension in the files under the add on directory only...

A hit, should also show which oxp has it in...
Bounty Scanner
Number 935
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

It's Realistic Shipyards that's doing it, via planetinfo.plist.

It's part of an ongoing discussion elsewhere that the renaming of systems is possible by planetinfo.plist settings. The new names etc are visible to some things, but not to others which use the original name.

There are a few OXPs that do it, including one of mine (Aquatics, that changes Ribiara in G3 to Aqualina). At the moment we're at a half-way house between being able to do it or not, and it can lead to odd quirks like this (and some other incorrectly displayed names).
Phoenix4
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Phoenix4 »

Thanks guys!

So, I guess for now I should leave it? So far this appears to be the only one with an incorrect name.

As you said, this is in an ongoing state, so I won't change anything incase that causes further problems :?

Px4