Bandersnatch oxp error

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Bandersnatch oxp error

Post by Ark »

I am receiving the following error from bandersnatch oxp (a very nice capital pirate ship)

Code: Select all

[ship.sanityCheck.failed]: Ship <ShipEntity 0x3f21048>{"Bandersnatch" ID: 0 position: (0, 0, 0) scanClass: CLASS_NOT_SET status: STATUS_IN_FLIGHT} generated with missing subentity wing!
oolite version 1.72
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

There seems to be a subentity missing. Anything else in the log (above that snippet, e.g. during the setup of Oolite)?

EDIT: Hmm. No errors here. Ship is created, has its wings, and behaves like a pirate.

BTW: Interesting concept, a ship with a plasma turret as its only weapon. But as the only turret is mounted at the stern, it is completely defenseless to attacks from its front side. :?

EDIT2: No, I was wrong. The ship has forward facing lasers (four of them!), but for some reason is slow to use them (which was probably the problem Flying_Circus had with them). The whole thing could be made more fun to fight by making it frangible, IMO.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

Commander McLane wrote:
There seems to be a subentity missing. Anything else in the log (above that snippet, e.g. during the setup of Oolite)?
Yep !!!!!

[shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data...
[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "griff_spacebar_subent_template" specifies no model, ignoring.
[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "wing" specifies no roles, ignoring.
The first error from what i can understand is from random hits ver 1.2 the second one must be from Bandersnatch oxp
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Yes, especially as the other error complains about the missing subentity 'wing'. :wink:

But it's strange. In my version of bandersnatch.oxp the wing-subentity has a role. Could your version be even older than mine?

EDIT: Yes, there is a problem with the version you probably downloaded from Oosat1. The entry of the 'wing' is corrupt, presumably through a c&p-error by Flying_Circus. Perhaps I corrected it on my computer when I tested the OXP out? Don't remember.

Please open the shipdata.plist within the OXP (any text editor will do). Somewhere you will find the following lines:

<key>smooth</key>
		<key>forward_weapon_type</key>
		<string>WEAPON_PULSE_LASER</string>
        <key>laser_color</key>
        <string>orangeColor</string>
        <key>roles</key>
        <string>bandersnatch_wing</string>
        <key>thrust</key>
        <real>5</real>
        <key>weapon_energy</key>
        <real>5</real>
		<key>weapon_position_forward</key>
		<string>0.0 31.74 -1.7</string>
		<true/>
The problem is that the <true/> in the last line doesn't belong there. It belongs in the second line, right after the <key>smooth</key>. Cut and paste it over there, so that the complete block looks like this:

<key>smooth</key>
		<true/>
		<key>forward_weapon_type</key>
		<string>WEAPON_PULSE_LASER</string>
        <key>laser_color</key>
        <string>orangeColor</string>
        <key>roles</key>
        <string>bandersnatch_wing</string>
        <key>thrust</key>
        <real>5</real>
        <key>weapon_energy</key>
        <real>5</real>
		<key>weapon_position_forward</key>
		<string>0.0 31.74 -1.7</string>
Save, and restart Oolite (don't forget to press SHIFT while restarting). Now the Bandersnatch should work as expected.
Last edited by Commander McLane on Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ark
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Ark »

There is no version number in the readme.txt so i can not be sure.
I will download it again from the wiki just to be sure

Edit: Thanks but this will correct the problem only in my hard disk :wink:
What about new oolite players :wink: :wink:
JensAyton
Grand Admiral Emeritus
Grand Admiral Emeritus

Post by JensAyton »

Ark wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
Yep !!!!!

[shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data...
[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "griff_spacebar_subent_template" specifies no model, ignoring.
[shipData.load.error]: ***** ERROR: the shipdata.plist entry "wing" specifies no roles, ignoring.
The first error from what i can understand is from random hits ver 1.2 the second one must be from Bandersnatch oxp
This is a known bug in the ship registry validation in 1.72, already fixed for 1.72.1 and 1.73.