Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

shipEnteredStationAegis event-handler doesn't fire in 1.72

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

shipEnteredStationAegis event-handler doesn't fire in 1.72

Post by Commander McLane »

Okay, here come the first bug reports for 1.72 (would be a surprise if there weren't any, wouldn't it :wink: ):

It appears that the shipEnteredStationAegis event-handler doesn't fire in 1.72.

I discovered that during some playtesting for the Anarchies-revision for 1.72. In the new version (Anarchies 1.1) I tie the possibility for equipment that has been bought at a Salvage Gang to break, to passing some points in space, and have used the existing event-handlers, namely shipEnteredStationAegis, shipExitedStationAegis, shipEnteredPlanetaryVicinity and shipExitedPlanetaryVicinity.

For testing purposes I did some logging in the OXP. Therefore I noticed that on my way from station to witchpoint two events were logged, but on the way back to the station only one. Further testing revealed that the one working is shipEnteredPlanetaryVicinity. Nothing happens on shipEnteredStationAegis.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: shipEnteredStationAegis event-handler doesn't fire in 1.

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:
Further testing revealed that the one working is shipEnteredPlanetaryVicinity. Nothing happens on shipEnteredStationAegis.
Should it not be the other way round? Thargoids traffic control uses also those handlers and I noticed I don't get the shipEnteredPlanetaryVicinity message anymore.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: shipEnteredStationAegis event-handler doesn't fire in 1.

Eric Walch wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
Further testing revealed that the one working is shipEnteredPlanetaryVicinity. Nothing happens on shipEnteredStationAegis.
Should it not be the other way round? Thargoids traffic control uses also those handlers and I noticed I don't get the shipEnteredPlanetaryVicinity message anymore.
I've tested it by closing in on the planet from the opposite side of the station. One handler fired, so I assumed it must be shipEnteredPlanetaryVicinity. I then orbited the planet in direction of the station. Eventually the 'S' appeared, but my code wasn't executed. Therefore I guessed that shipEnteredStationAegis doesn't work.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

I just tested it with Traffic Control on my system (WinXP), and my findings agree with Eric's. I get the message triggered by StationAegis entry, so that seems to be working.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Okay, time for some more testing. Perhaps the 'S' doesn't appear together with the firing of the handler, so that confused me?

Anyway, one of the handlers doesn't work.