Boomsland (ship) oxp buggy

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

inquisiteur
Average
Average

Boomsland (ship) oxp buggy

Post by inquisiteur »

I have it in my game folder - Stumbled upon a huge group of boomslangs (maybe 50), I thoughts it was a kind of ships graveyard near atriso. They just keep spawning over there - good mod to be elite 8) just shoot them.

Ship are diplayed as white flag in the radar, when shot they dont react. Seems that they just spawn over there with no AI - and I guess that may have been slowing my game a bit....
LittleBear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: On a survey mission for GalCop. Ship: Cobra Corvette: Hidden Dragon Rated: Deadly.

Post by LittleBear »

White means they're powered down and they have nullAI. (They are parked with no piolt aboard). Shooting them down won't award you a kill. I think this feature was added by the designer as a test that the textures and models for the ships looked ok in game. Editing script or planteinfo would probabley remove it.
OXPS : The Assassins Guild, Asteroid Storm, The Bank of the Black Monks, Random Hits, The Galactic Almanac, Renegade Pirates can be downloaded from the Elite Wiki here.
inquisiteur
Average
Average

Post by inquisiteur »

Well I took out the oxp and things went fine. But shooting them did award me a few kills...
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

OK, had a quick look at it and.. first, in shipdata, it's scanClass was set as a rock, which is why it showed in white on your scanner.
Secondly, there is a little script to add a Boomslang if there was less than 3 ships to be found - I'm guessing as it didn't count any Boomslangs as ships then it just kept on adding them in! :)
Third, there was an error in the AI which I think I have corrected, so you can now download my edited version here.
Hope that helps. :wink:
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
Uncle Reno
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Uncle Reno »

For info, I have uploaded and linked the revised Boomslang OXP in the Wiki.
"Get back or I unleash my lethal spotted batoid!!"

What I do when not reading the Oolite bulletin board!
Commander Mysenses
Deadly
Deadly
Location: Devon, a backward little planet scourged by evil weather

Post by Commander Mysenses »

I just launched from station and there was a line of 'em from station to whichpoint... faaasands of 'em!

Happened twice now, shall I remove this OXP?