Is this a bug or ???

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Is this a bug or ???

Post by NorthenderPNE »

Hi fellow OOliter's, in the image below I get these messages and some while in flight but I'm sure it shouldn't state unknown source, or am I wrong?

Nite Owl
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Is this a bug or ???

Post by Nite Owl »

Not a bug but the way the Communications Log references messages from sources it cannot identify. Have a look at line 204 (according to Notepad++) of the commslog_mfd.js file located at ...\Oolite\ManagedAddOns\oolite.oxp.phkb.CommsLogMFD\Scripts. There you will find the following.

Code: Select all

var msg = "{unidentified source}: " + message;
If you want to you can TWEAK the unidentified source part into whatever you like. Mine looks like this.

var msg = "{'Puter}: " + message;
Be forewarned that once you head down the path of such simple and minor TWEAKS your journey has the potential to become never ending.
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon
NorthenderPNE
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Is this a bug or ???

Post by NorthenderPNE »

Nite Owl wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:25 pm
Not a bug but the way the Communications Log references messages from sources it cannot identify. Have a look at line 204 (according to Notepad++) of the commslog_mfd.js file located at ...\Oolite\ManagedAddOns\oolite.oxp.phkb.CommsLogMFD\Scripts. There you will find the following.

var msg = "{unidentified source}: " + message;
If you want to you can TWEAK the unidentified source part into whatever you like. Mine looks like this.

var msg = "{'Puter}: " + message;
Be forewarned that once you head down the path of such simple and minor TWEAKS your journey has the potential to become never ending.
Thanks Nite Owl, I think I'll add something different because {unidentified source} sounds a little creepy. Or maybe add {phkb} because he's everywhere. :D