Bug in New Cargoes in combination with Adder Start

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Getafix

RGVV
Competent
Competent

Bug in New Cargoes in combination with Adder Start

Post by RGVV »

Good day,

Discovered a bug in New Cargoes in combination with Adder Start (Adder with 1.000 credits and 5 TC cargo bay extension at Lave).

I'm loading entertainment systems in Aona destined for Lave. On offer is 88 TC and I choose deliberately the "Buy up to 100 TC" option. I do this with the expectation that it would fill up to 5 TC max (and not 88 TC).

To my surprise the "Currently carried" figure changes from 0 to 24 TC (which is impossible because the Adder can only carry 5 TC). The credits shows the remaining amount after buying the 24 TC.

And what's the function of the "Hold" data? It says "0/5 TC" all the time, whether I'm loaded to full capacity or sell everything, the "Hold" figure never change.

Didn't test any further yet with other ships.

Robert.
I was born in Xixax (oh la la la dee)/On my mama's farm/My father was a junkie/Und wir war'n sehr arm/My brother was a soldier (ooh)/By the war in Vietnam (shoot)/My uncle is a spy/In the Soviet Union
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: Bug in New Cargoes in combination with Adder Start

Post by Cholmondely »

RGVV wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:53 am
Good day,

Discovered a bug in New Cargoes in combination with Adder Start (Adder with 1.000 credits and 5 TC cargo bay extension at Lave).

I'm loading entertainment systems in Aona destined for Lave. On offer is 88 TC and I choose deliberately the "Buy up to 100 TC" option. I do this with the expectation that it would fill up to 5 TC max (and not 88 TC).

To my surprise the "Currently carried" figure changes from 0 to 24 TC (which is impossible because the Adder can only carry 5 TC). The credits shows the remaining amount after buying the 24 TC.

And what's the function of the "Hold" data? It says "0/5 TC" all the time, whether I'm loaded to full capacity or sell everything, the "Hold" figure never change.

Didn't test any further yet with other ships.

Robert.
Did you try contacting Astrobe or Cim (the relevant OXP authors)? Neither really visit very much any more, so they are unlikely to have seen this.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
andrax_iON
Competent
Competent

Re: Bug in New Cargoes in combination with Adder Start

Post by andrax_iON »

Had a similar issue a coupla weeks back, bought from NewCargoes immediately after game start & wound up with 26TC of 'default' commodities in the hold plus 36TC of Qubeenian Gargle Blasters (not bad for a CobbieIII with cargo bay expansion + pax berth).

Uneducated guess is it's related to the missing 'Speciality Cargoes' option in F4, reported in spara's master class; cim's musing at the time being that perhaps "some things in startUp should be in startUpComplete".

My simple workaround is to not buy from NewCargoes until after first launch - not tested, but casual observation suggests everything works as intended from that point.

cheers!
POEE CHAPLIN of the Diocese of Intemperate and Blasphemous Potentates (DIBP)
Hail Eris =><= All Hail, Discordia
I tell you: one must still have chaos in one, to give birth to a dancing star..