Long range scanner, Galaxy Info

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Long range scanner, Galaxy Info

Post by Alex »

Hi all,
I've recently installed Longrange scanner, Jump planner and Galaxy info, but have no idea which key controls them.
I run version 1.75.1.
Any help with this would be great.
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
If you do not see "Press Space" more often than you want.. Your not trying!
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Long range scanner, Galaxy Info

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

I am asking the same question.... Shift-N will activate the longrange but after that , I see only as 1 km range extender and that is all.
I don't have the others so good luck on those.
Yah-Ta-Hey
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

Hi Alex and Ya-Ta-Hey,

Long range Scanner only works during flight and it is activated by F6-F6-F5 key combination. In words Galactic Chart then press F5 to display the menu. If you have bought jump planner, Select a distant system from galactic chart and then press F5. Long range scanner will have an option to Display Target System Info and it will give additional options which are interesting :twisted:.

Galaxy info can be run from from the same key combination(F6-F6-F5) from status screen when docked, and during flight, Prime GalaxyInfo by shift "n" and press "n" to activate it.

Hope that helps.

I will check if the readme file is missing from the download and if it is missing I will add it.

Edit: The readme file was missing from the download. New version 0.3 includes the readme and licence file now. Sorry about my mistake. Can be downloaded from my signature or from wiki oxp list thanks to Maik again. :)
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run
Yah-Ta-Hey
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Yah-Ta-Hey »

Okti,

Thanks for the sage words of advice... I knew there was something missing.... kind of like getting the vortex bays loading sequence straight, the instructions were there for me to understand.

yah-Ta_hey
Bartle tester says while I am drinking evil juice, I am: 80% killer/ 80 % achiever/ 33% explorer and 0% socializer.
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Alex »

Thanks Commanders,

Knew sumit was missing in the zip files, No "Read Me".
Made me remember the first time I played Elite way back when.. I had use of the companies BBC at the weekends and just the 3.5 floppy with Elite, No instructions of any kind, We took turns playing during lunch at work, still took awhile to work out what done what.
Don't mind saying, it took at least 100 dockings to get that right. Then 6 months to become Elite. A lot of (happy) lost evenings and weekends doing that. Saved a fortune on beer tokens. London wasn't easy on the old beer tokens.

Oolite beats the old game a few billion light years worth though.

Don't remember where I got the Jump Planner, don't think I need it, I use ClymAngus's amazing maps. Easy to toggle in windows. Yea, Yea, I know the about windows but I've never learned to use anything else.

Another wee bit I just learned today; the under score(_) locks out your laser, hopefully turret fire too. (Auto lock can be a problem here) For the times you really want NOT to accidently fire on some navy or police types. Though the post I read it in didn't say how to cancel it??
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
If you do not see "Press Space" more often than you want.. Your not trying!
Okti
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Okti »

Alex wrote:
Thanks Commanders,

Don't remember where I got the Jump Planner, don't think I need it,
Hi Alex if you want to reach a system which is at the other end of the galaxy quickly by means of play time, I would advise the cheat jump option. :mrgreen:
My OXP's
And Latest Mission Coyote's Run
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Alex wrote:
Another wee bit I just learned today; the under score(_) locks out your laser, hopefully turret fire too. (Auto lock can be a problem here) For the times you really want NOT to accidently fire on some navy or police types. Though the post I read it in didn't say how to cancel it??
The underscore toggles the weapons lock. In other words: just press again in order to unlock.

By the way: Oolite itself comes with a readMe, too, where all keypresses are explained. It could be a potentially good idea to read that one as well one day... :wink: