Parking meters

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Have you been to Vetitice?

Yes, and I plan to go back soon!
63%
No, but I plan to do so shortly!
38%

Total votes: 8

tgape
Above Average
Above Average

Parking meters

Post by tgape »

Today, I made a visit to Vetitice. I mean, really visited; took the shuttle down to the planet, and saw the sights.

I saw my first parking meter.

I mean, I thought I'd seen parking meters before, but I had no idea what a parking meter truly was. All I've seen before today were paltry shams, in comparison to the truly great parking meters that Vetitice has produced.

I'd attempt to describe them, but my poor verbiage could not being to describe a mere fraction of the wonder that is a Veticieian parking meter.

One word of caution: be prepared. Quality meters such as these aren't cheap. Through the course of the many minutes I stood staring in wonder, I racked up such a bill that I blew all my credits, and now I have to write advertising for them to get my ship out of hock.
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

Ah Vetitician parking meters...I remember them well.

I was but a kitten when I saw the first of these lovely, wondrous things. Many years have passed since my last visit, but the parking meters are still clear to my mind's eye even now.

The lesser-striped yellow Altor City model is especially worthy of note: the smooth curves of the display and the shade of red on the EXPIRED message are truly magnificent.

<shudder>
Mad Dan Eccles
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Mad Dan Eccles »

Master of Mayhem

"The name's derived from Object Oriented eLite so you could say "Oh! Oh! Leet!", but that might sound too much like g33k sex."
winston
Pirate
Pirate

Post by winston »

Sorry, parking meters ain't my thing. But have you seen the Teorgean telegraph pole? Truly works of art. People in their thousands flock to land on the Teorge clone colony to see them!
tgape
Above Average
Above Average

Post by tgape »

winston wrote:
Sorry, parking meters ain't my thing. But have you seen the Teorgean telegraph pole? Truly works of art. People in their thousands flock to land on the Teorge clone colony to see them!
Over the past week, I have been granted the most distinct honor I could possibly imagine. Specifically, I have been allowed to buff not one, but an inordinate number of TCF-J2931s. For those unfortunates who do not recognize this part number, they are one of the outer cover plates for a Veticieian parking meter.

Having been granted admittance to a factory which builds parking meters, I find myself even more astounded at the amount of intricacy and detail which goes into the manufacture of these wonders.

I cannot help but to doubt that the Teorgean telegraph pole can do anything but pale in comparison. I strongly encourage you to reconsider; I believe you are making a *terrible* mistake to pass up such an incredible opportunity.

I would also point out that the Veticieian hospitality has been inspiring as well. In light of my sudden financial problems, they have provided me with very reasonably priced accommodation and sustenance. It is difficult for me to mention such trivial matters, being so overwhelmed by the magnificence, the technological marvel, for which this planet is so justly known. However, I feel honor-bound to point out that, having seen my great appreciation for their planetary treasures, they have extended my day pass indefinitely, and granted me an opportunity to learn more about them than I had ever dreamed possible.