OXP's missing from Wiki OXP list.

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

OXP's missing from Wiki OXP list.

Post by Diziet Sma »

I noticed that there are currently several oxp's that are missing from the list on the Oolite Wiki... I want to update the page to reflect the current state-of-the-art, but I'd like to avoid doing multiple edits, if I can.. (that table-colour format is a pain when adding entries in the middle - as can be seen by the fact that the sequence is broken in several places)

So I'd like to ask everyone to nominate oxp's that are not in the list, but ought to be... once I have a (hopefully) complete list, I can do the update in one swell foop..

Currently in my list I have:

Target Reticle - partially included already
Target Autolock
German Translation
Cataclysm - DONE
Chaff Dispenser - part of Missiles & Bombs
The Neolite Set
Bounty Scanner - DONE
Save Anywhere - DONE
Fuel Collector - DONE
Status Quo Q-bomb - only mentioned on Commander McLane's page
Famous Planets - partially included already
Cloud City
Busy Ports

What have I missed?
Last edited by Diziet Sma on Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:13 am, edited 11 times in total.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Target autolock is in the main list, just below Tarantis Corp HQ and above the Teretrurus mk 1.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Thargoid wrote:
Target autolock is in the main list, just below Tarantis Corp HQ and above the Teretrurus mk 1.
:oops: Oops..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Nemoricus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nemoricus »

Neolite's not up there, either. It most definitely should be. It's a must-have OXP.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Neolite, yep. All three (?) of them!
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Nemoricus wrote:
Neolite's not up there, either. It most definitely should be. It's a must-have OXP.
Ahh.. I forgot to list them... thanks for reminding me.. I was discussing that very topic with Simon just a few days ago..

List updated.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Re: OXP's missing from Wiki OXP list.

Post by Eric Walch »

Diziet Sma wrote:
So I'd like to ask everyone to nominate oxp's that are not in the list, but ought to be... once I have a (hopefully) complete list, I can do the update in one swell foop..
Target Reticle is in the equipment list, lower on that wiki page. It has already an own page to download from.

When you add new stuff better give them a download page of their own. That way there is only one place with a link to update when a new version is released. With oxp's that have download links on several wiki pages, I often see that some locations still link to outdated versions.

German Translation :
All the foreign languages oxp's should probably get a page of their own with a brief explanation for its application.
Last edited by Eric Walch on Fri May 29, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: OXP's missing from Wiki OXP list.

Post by Diziet Sma »

Eric Walch wrote:
Diziet Sma wrote:
Target Reticle is in the equipment list, lower on that wiki page. It has already an own page to download from.
When you add new stuff better give them a download page of their own. That way there is only one place with a link to update when a new version is released. With oxp's that have download links on several wiki pages, I often see that some locations still link to outdated versions.
Thanks for the tip! Good idea... I might see if I can track those down while I'm at it..
Nemoricus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Nemoricus »

The Bounty Scanner is also not in the list.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Nor is the fuel collector.

Looks like Frame's OXPs may not generally be on the list?
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Thargoid wrote:
Nor is the fuel collector.

Looks like Frame's OXPs may not generally be on the list?
Added Frame's Bounty Scanner and Save Anywhere to the list.. also his Fuel Collector.. he doesn't link to it in his sig, so it took me a while to find.. cool gadget, I had no idea it existed.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

You may want to check with him about Save Anywhere. I'm not sure it's currently working correctly (at least it doesn't on my system), and I think he was taking a sabbatical from updating things until 1.73 at least.
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Thargoid wrote:
You may want to check with him about Save Anywhere. I'm not sure it's currently working correctly (at least it doesn't on my system), and I think he was taking a sabbatical from updating things until 1.73 at least.
Could be a reason he does not want it on the list at al.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Well, when he replies to the PM I sent, we'll know...
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Frame is happy for his oxp's to be listed... he's just been too busy to do it himself. :D