Oolite Russian translation

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

radcapricorn
Competent
Competent

Oolite Russian translation

Post by radcapricorn »

I've finished current translation of Oolite into Russian, everyone who's interested can grab it here.

I've translated GUI, planet info (it has some glitches but I'll try to work them out), standard mission texts and some object names like Boulders or Astedoids. I've left ship and station names in English.

Of course it's not my final edition of this translation, and I'll be glad if someone reviews it. I also think that some items may have better names, like Harmless/Mostly Harmless, Fugitive and so on, so I'm awaiting your response (of course, if there are any Russian players here :oops: )

I hope other good people here would forgive us should we decide to discuss things in Russian?..
Rxke
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Rxke »

Good job!
8)
radcapricorn
Competent
Competent

Post by radcapricorn »

Thanks. But as far as I can see it's not of much interest :-)
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Give it time..

a/ There may not be many Russian Oolite players.

b/ Not everyone logs in every day, or even every week.

c/ Start pushing 'Russian Oolite' to your friends and any forums you're on.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

I am certain that the perceived lack of interest is because very few people on the forum speak Russian, so it is difficult to realize what you have achieved and even more comment on it. But I have downloaded it and, although I don't speak Russian, I find it looks like a very nice job.

Have you tried pointing people from the elitegames.ru Elite channel forums to this place?
radcapricorn
Competent
Competent

Post by radcapricorn »

Yeah, I know this. Many people just haven't the time to read/post in the middle of week. Still, even if it suddenly proves to be that I'm the only Russian player (wow), well, I did this not for some kind of recognition or something. Oolite is a great game and I see that more and more people start playing it, so you're right, it's just a matter of time.
radcapricorn
Competent
Competent

Post by radcapricorn »

Wow, thanks, another_commander, how could I forget about this great resource?.. (though the whole life there seems to be concentrated around X Universe :D )

Oh, there seem to be links there leading to these boards and to oolite.org and to berlios and to wiki... And there's already 'their' version of translation :oops: And until recently it was pretty actively discussed, term translations were argumented pretty seriously. So I think I'll try to work with the guys there too, maybe merge my translation with theirs so Oolite could have the translation inspired with hearts of many players :-)
CptnEcho
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CptnEcho »

Congratulations RadCapricorn. Thanks for contributing to the Oolite/Elite communities. 8)
"I shouldn't have taken off in this crate without more ammo..." Sergeant Knox - Star Blazers
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Oolite Russian translation now added to the Oolite Wiki OXP page
SwissMäc
Competent
Competent

Post by SwissMäc »

How did you upload the file ?
I just get "The upload directory (/var/www/vhosts/wiki/www/images) is not writable by the webserver." ?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Use an external hosting site or webspace (most of us use www.box.net), and then just link to it from the Wiki.

The uploads directory is closed at the moment as a while back it was found to have been used for some, umm, dubious purposes, by hackers.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

radcapricorn wrote:
Thanks. But as far as I can see it's not of much interest :-)
but considering the size of Russia it is a worth while thing to do. Also consider it a karmic reward for Tetras.

Give the number of top flight programmers in Russia, anything that makes the great game more accessible is worth while.

This may sound a little obvious but once it's made it's made. It sits there slowly growing momentum. Something it can't do if it does not exist.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

SwissMäc wrote:
I just get "The upload directory (/var/www/vhosts/wiki/www/images) is not writable by the webserver." ?
Thargoid wrote:
Use an external hosting site or webspace (most of us use www.box.net), and then just link to it from the Wiki.

The uploads directory is closed at the moment as a while back it was found to have been used for some, umm, dubious purposes, by hackers.
What Thargoid said..

radcapricorn already had the oxp hosted at box.net. All I did was make 2 entries for it with links to his box page. (oh, and shift a whole lot of bgcolor="#e7e7ff" around to keep the alternating table colours working properly.. inserting a new entry in the middle is a real PITA)
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Diziet Sma wrote:
SwissMäc wrote:
Thargoid wrote:

What Thargoid said..

radcapricorn already had the oxp hosted at box.net. All I did was make 2 entries for it with links to his box page. (oh, and shift a whole lot of bgcolor="#e7e7ff" around to keep the alternating table colours working properly.. inserting a new entry in the middle is a real PITA)
That sounds like it needs to be automated somehow (not that I know how these things work - in fact I presumed the alt. colouring as automated!)
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
Diziet Sma wrote:
SwissMäc wrote:
Thargoid wrote:

What Thargoid said..

That sounds like it needs to be automated somehow (not that I know how these things work - in fact I presumed the alt. colouring as automated!)
So did I, until the first time I tried it, with the YAH v4.0 entry.. click on 'edit' some time for a look-see, the tools that are available are kinda umm.. limited..

Next time I'll paste the whole thing into Notepad++ so I can do a partial search'n'replace..