Fighter Hud Help

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Deadly
Deadly

Fighter Hud Help

Post by 0235 »

when i installed the Fighter hud OXP, it worked, but appeared half way up the screen, and whenever i press F12 for full screen it all goes blak. i have version 1.65.? if it helps

i would have a screen shot, but dont know how to get it to appear on here.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

To get a picture in the forum it needs to be hosted on the internet somewhere either your own website or more likely somewhere like photobucket). Once uploaded photobucket even give you a [img ] your picture's url [/img ] link that you can cut and paste.

Registration is quick, painless, free and very useful!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Aldarion
Average
Average

Post by Aldarion »

I had the same problem with that hud. I found the answer in a thread in Testing & bug reports (or was it OXPs), but I can't find it now so I'll try to explain what I did.
If you look in your Addons/Fighterhud/Config directory there should be a file called hud.plist. Search that file for hud.png. You will see that there are attributes set for hud.png such as height, width, X, Y, etc. I'm betting you'll find that X and Y are set to 0. This centers hud.png on your screen. (The whys and whatfors of how this works on different systems was explained in the previous thread that I can't find now). I changed Y to -160 (minus one sixty) and it's now on the bottom where it belongs. You may end up having to set it to -165 or something else to fine tune it on your machine but this should give you the idea and get you in the ball park.

Aldarion

PS I probably don't have the capitalization right in the directory and file names so don't let that trip you up.
Deadly
Deadly

Post by 0235 »

thank loads, ill try it
CaptKev
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptKev »

@0235, did you get Fighter HUD working correctly? If not have a look at this thread https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?t=4556
Download Fighter HUD, Stingray and System Redux from the EliteWiki
Deadly
Deadly

Post by 0235 »

yes, this is fixed by changing hud.png to -160, and now works fine, and I love it.