Pirate Clan One

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

trapster
Average
Average

Pirate Clan One

Post by trapster »

I have downloaded realistic shipyards v3.02 but it requires 'Pirates Clan One'. This is not listed on oolite wiki as an available oxp to download. i searched the forum here only to find it is on a link which i cannot list here but it is a dead link anyhows. in the same thread was a message saying this missing oxp has morphed into Blitzspear Clan" and "AAACrooks" but these too are unavailable to download anywhere. Please help, anyone know where i can get pirates clan one as i am keen as mustard to give this oxp a go? :cry:
Some say there may be life on other planets, I say KILL IT.....!
Stromboli
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Stromboli »

I had this same problem yesterday, but a google search turned up a few results on this very board!

Here's the link to the download, and the thread, so you know where it's from.
http://www.uploading.com/files/TRUPLMDO ... p.zip.html
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... 455e48e07c
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

...and, Welcome to The Friendliest Board This Side of Riedquat, where noobs' basic questions are NEVER answered with a curt, overbearing RTFF - I imagine you did read the FAQ...right? :wink:

It is in fact so friendly that (excepting for the occasional blue on blue from the Spam Assassins :oops: ) even the rudest members will still supply the link or at least suggest the use of the forum's search function, often giving even the keywords. This, provided that you get the board's worse - but usually what you get is a kind of a race to give even more info than requested, followed by a thread derailing (kind of like what I'm doing to your thread :lol: ).

Well, have fun and make yourself at home!
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Welcome trapster - Cmdr M says it all. Enjoy.
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
trapster
Average
Average

Post by trapster »

Stromboli wrote:
I had this same problem yesterday, but a google search turned up a few results on this very board!

Here's the link to the download, and the thread, so you know where it's from.
http://www.uploading.com/files/TRUPLMDO ... p.zip.html
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.ph ... 455e48e07c
Hi thanks for this, this is the post that I found and the link I have been trying in vein to download. Everytime I try to go to this link I get an internet explorer error. Are there any mirrors I can download from, any other links that work....?

Thanks for all the greetings too btw :D I'm a bit of an old hat at oolite, and er well don't mean to show my age but elite too. BBC micro, Commodore 64 versions were OK but Oolite gives the game a much needed lease of life with the OXP's, the ooniverse never looked so good! Never joined here before cause never really had a prob downloading OXP's before but have always found this site very helpful in problem solving etc... anyway this pirates clan is doing my head in now, i just wanna play this set of oxp's :roll:
Amen Brick
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Amen Brick »

Wow, it requires my mod... jeepers!

I'll have it on wiki tomorrow, promise. :)

I'll try and get a clean link too.

This seems ok: http://www.uploading.com/files/CTQ4YDB4 ... n.rar.html

Sorry for changing the name. Had a blanker when trying to name the clan and something came to me a day or two later. :)
trapster
Average
Average

Post by trapster »

Amen Brick wrote:
Wow, it requires my mod... jeepers!

I'll have it on wiki tomorrow, promise. :)

I'll try and get a clean link too.

This seems ok: http://www.uploading.com/files/CTQ4YDB4 ... n.rar.html

Sorry for changing the name. Had a blanker when trying to name the clan and something came to me a day or two later. :)
Thanks for this Amen Brick, still cannot get anything but intrernet explorer errors on that link so will wait for it going on wiki 2mato. mucho gracias :D
Stromboli
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Stromboli »

Strange, the link worked for me.

:shock:

Is the site...like, not secure?
trapster
Average
Average

Post by trapster »

Stromboli wrote:

are you using internet explorer, firefox, opera or some other browser... maybe it's internet explorer.....? :idea:
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

trapster wrote:
Stromboli wrote:

are you using internet explorer, firefox, opera or some other browser... maybe it's internet explorer.....? :idea:
Works fine on Firefox... What is your connection, is it by any chance a WiFi?
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
trapster
Average
Average

Post by trapster »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
trapster wrote:
Stromboli wrote:

Works fine on Firefox... What is your connection, is it by any chance a WiFi?
Yep, it's at home - netgear wifi... never had this prob before though. do you think it's the wifi or should i download firefox and give that a go...? :?:
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

Wifi and non-resuming uploaders are a baaad mix... each time you get a glitch on the signal you lose your current download. :x
trapster
Average
Average

Post by trapster »

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
Wifi and non-resuming uploaders are a baaad mix... each time you get a glitch on the signal you lose your current download. :x
I think you might be bang on there, I downloaded firefox and tried that but got the error message 'The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.'

Can anyone please email me the pirate clan one oxp if i pm my email addy over......?????

:wink:
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

trapster wrote:
I think you might be bang on there, I downloaded firefox and tried that but got the error message 'The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.
If you had enough signal to download Firefox, I see no reason why you couldn't get the much smaller OXP... PM me and I'll try to send it to you (despite my own signal not being so good either :? ).
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Greetings,

I had a similar problem with what sounds like a similar set-up (wifi, XP, IE7) and a kind soul had to slip me a copy of the zip file. It's maybe something a little more fundamental methinks?

If you can't send it let me know and I can pass the goodwill on.