Trumble á la carte

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

dackelblut
Poor
Poor

Trumble á la carte

Post by dackelblut »

Maybe I should get a trumble and try all new recipies with it so we can finally replace the goat soup.

I was thinking about a Trumble-Curry. Yes, this sounds nice. I think it could work, just take some trumble filet, cut in 1" pieces, roast some ginger, onion and garlic in the special butter from Regeatge for about 5 minutes use about one sable spoon of Isti green curry and let it simmer a little while. After about two minutes you can add the trumble filet pieces and let them soak up the flavours really nicely. Then you add water and some Aanbiatian Alinet banana pieces. This needs about 10-15 minutes to simmer. And: DON`T use the food blender - we are not on Laeden!!!

Serve with a bit of rice - delicious!

I got this from the chef of the famous restaurant at the end of the universe...

Wink

DB
zimmemic25
Competent
Competent

Re: Trumble á la carte

Post by zimmemic25 »

dackelblut wrote:
DON`T use the food blender - we are not on Laeden!!!
what the hell is a "food blender"?

/OT/
Aus Deinem namen schließe ich dass du deutsch sprichts, also detaillierter:
was sollen diese sachen sein?"food blender", "cricket set" oder wie auch immer???????
/BT/
zimmemic25
Competent
Competent

Post by zimmemic25 »

i made a new trumblekit texture for semitransparent trumbles.
so you can see the pirates even if a trumble sits on your radar
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

First of all: Ein "food blender" ist ein Mixer. Das Gerät, das Du für die Zubereitung von Milchshakes verwendest. Hier findest Du ein Bild, das noch dazu ein dunkles Geheimnis verspricht.

Second of all:
zimmemic25 wrote:
i made a new trumblekit texture for semitransparent trumbles.
so you can see the pirates even if a trumble sits on your radar
That's - sorry to be rude - rubbish! The trumble is meant to obscure your sight. If you make it transparent, the whole trumble-mission becomes meaningless.

The point is that you have to get rid of it (sorry, Hesperus!)! That means you have to find out how to get rid of it. And exchanging its texture is not the recommended way!
zimmemic25
Competent
Competent

Post by zimmemic25 »

first of all: was soll ich im weltraum mit nem milchschake???

second off all: i know how to get rid of them, but i collect em, the only thing is that they are IN MY WAY!!!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

You're not supposed to do anything with a milk shake in space (that's its main difference to BBQ-sauce, which is, after all, a very useful - some would say, necessary - item in space). Have you ever read the planet descriptions on the F7-screen? If you do so, you will see that food blenders play an important role in many of the civilizations you meet in Oolite. It's just a famous item since the days of old Elite, and adds to the atmosphere of the game, which is more than just a space shooter.

Another thing that adds to the atmosphere are trumbles. If you want to collect them, that's fine with me. Many space captains collect silly items. I mean, have you ever had a look into the cabin of the average Fer-de-Lance? It's famous for its fabulous design, but what its owners use to do to it - awful! Anyway, if you collect them, then stop whining! Live with them, furry and fluffy and cute as they are, not transparent!
zimmemic25
Competent
Competent

Post by zimmemic25 »

mine are transparent because i gave them glass to eat.
if you dont want transparent Trumbles, its ok, but i like them
Cmdr. Maegil
Sword-toting nut-job
Sword-toting nut-job

Post by Cmdr. Maegil »

</me palms face>
You know those who, having been mugged and stabbed, fired, dog run over, house burned down, wife eloped with best friend, daughters becoming prostitutes and their countries invaded - still say that "all is well"?
I'm obviously not one of them.
zimmemic25
Competent
Competent

Post by zimmemic25 »

by the way, i have crashed my save file and these idiots on station dont want to sell me a trumble! what are the conditions at 1.70?
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Cmdr. Maegil wrote:
</me palms face>
Relax, and just ignore him. Remember Callas? First very annoying, but eventually he will go away. (Hopefully...) :roll:
zimmemic25
Competent
Competent

Post by zimmemic25 »

by the way: i dont use the (you say cheats). i made them for fun and i have the old ship again. i just edited the textures.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

One should note that the Commodities page on our wiki http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Commodities lists Trumbles under Narcotics!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
andrax_iON
Competent
Competent

Post by andrax_iON »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:25 pm
One should note that the Commodities page on our wiki http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Commodities lists Trumbles under Narcotics!
Puree of Trumble (that's what the food blenders are for), when used as a nutrient in the hydroponic cultivation of megaweed, produces a hallucinogenic effect in the harvested product which is immensely popular in certain usergroups across the 8.

Unfortunately, it can also result in an irreversible prescience in some one-eyed species..

9~)
POEE CHAPLIN of the Diocese of Intemperate and Blasphemous Potentates (DIBP)
Hail Eris =><= All Hail, Discordia
I tell you: one must still have chaos in one, to give birth to a dancing star..