Oldships OXP

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Rhakka
Above Average
Above Average

Oldships OXP

Post by Rhakka »

Hey all,

I installed this OXP and as someone else mentioned, it does bring some good deals to the shipyards for "well loved" ships with slightly derated stats.

However one thing I've noticed (having tried to buy a couple to test drive) is that if you have the targeting enhancement installed, you don't get the HUD enclosing box around the ship you have targeted, nor its legal class or distance.

Is this a bug? Or is it that the old rust buckets just have faulty HUD displays?
Murgh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Murgh »

no that's probably my oversight.
I'll fix one of these days when I insert the custom_views into it.
The man next to you is your lunch
Rhakka
Above Average
Above Average

Post by Rhakka »

Good to know, and thanks for all you do Murgh!
Murgh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Murgh »

:D thanks for those nice words.

the oldships 3.2 update is now up at Oosat2, with added custom_views, and hopefully fixin advanced scanners available to all.
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

I thought it was a nice feature:
old ships not having the right fittings etc for the newest EQ.
You could even include very well maintained 'classics', that cannot use several EQ

Imagine having bought a great looking ship which is even upgraded to have more engine output and maneuvrability.
Only to find out its electrical system cannot support an ECM system!!

But because it's a classic design, you don't have to pay docking fees.
That is a considderation. ;)
Riding the Rocket!
Murgh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Murgh »

so you liked that little screwup did you? ;)

this OXP was coined "old" in the sense that the ship designs are practically Og.Elite-old, although not among the canon fleet that most remember..

these tech limitations you mention could be interesting to me in the mPak rustyships context, but who in their right mind would ever buy and fly them to find out just how limited they are? :shock:
Arexack_Heretic
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

I would. :)

You could include some normal looking ships in the mix, with just a bit depricated value and stats.
The really equipment-challenged ships would add a bit more risk to dealing in secondhand (you wish! more like 10thhand) ships.
Riding the Rocket!
Murgh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Murgh »

whatever happened to quality, not quantity? :shock:

you do know that these ships in question mostly are transposed from the Angus Duggan EliteA version and have pretty rotten stats to begin with?
Arexack_Heretic

yes I know these oldships are from the arc version.

It includes the ghavial etc.
Which BTW has too good equipment availability IMHO.
(See the wiki entry)

The ships are a good addition to the ooniverse variety, especially for galaxy 1. Where most x-treme-ships should not be too numerous.
Riding the Rocket!
Murgh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Murgh »

:?
only 1 of those from ArcElite. the Bushmaster. 1 from Elite2, the Cat/Cougar. the remaining 5 (including the Ghavial) are from EliteA. so there.

as is, I've tried to make them as similar as possible to other native ships, only denying expandable cargo where it doesnt fit.

but as you have helped the Wiki by expanding the entry with a very specific backstory that touches upon the tech setup (and doesn't flatter Aligatormen's tech-savvy) I shall have to ponder the OXP consequences..

I'll either go your way, or fabricate a story about the triumph of dilligent trading, finally leading to the Aligatormen's hard-earned summit of technology, and equality with other creaturekind.