Consider Helping the Military

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

toejoe
Poor
Poor

Consider Helping the Military

Post by toejoe »

After 1001 kills i got mission briefing, something 'bout stolen leviathan and when i pressed continue, nothing happened.
And now under missions i got text from subject : Consider helping the Military. Does anyone know how to resume or contact Military because I am willing to accept that mission :)
I would go back and resume from last saved position, but i manage to achieve over 50 kills meanwhile and lots of precious cargo...
Murgh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Murgh »

yes, the military.oxp kicked in to offer you the mission. you may have accidentally left mission mode too soon.

if you select the negative choices like 'not now' or 'end transmission' (ie not moving down before selecting 'continue') you exit the mission mode and get a tag to be offered the mission at a later time.

if you want to re-experience the military brief, just open your character save file in a text editor and delete the line that reads:

Code: Select all

<key>mission_military_fiasco</key>
		<string>MIL_DELAY</string>
should cause the Military to contact you again promptly.
The man next to you is your lunch
toejoe
Poor
Poor

Post by toejoe »

I found in my saved game file following entry :

<key>mission_military_fiasco_killcount</key>
<string>4</string>

Does it means that after 4 more kills i would be prompted again?
I can not play right now but i am curious :)
Murgh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Murgh »

no, that actually means that since this mission has been triggered, 4 stolen military ships have been destroyed.
either by you or someone else. :?

sportsmanship demands that you change that number to the correct amount of kills under your belt..
The man next to you is your lunch
toejoe
Poor
Poor

Post by toejoe »

Actually, i encountered rattle cutter and some other similiar ships so i think that i destroyed that four military ships. Now i deleted delay part from my saved game, and i got mission briefing again. I'm on my way to find leviathan.
Thanks Murgh!