The official UI overhaul challenge thread

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

pleiadian
Deadly
Deadly

The official UI overhaul challenge thread

Post by pleiadian »

So... what started as a suggestion in this post (https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19572), and what started with a_c's motivating speech on the project, I have come to the conclusion that this should be done. A complete overhaul of the UI, because I think it's dated, and needs some love.

So I cloned in the current build, made some changes to Core/GuiDisplayGen.m, built it...

And boom. I got rid of the original menu display... although it is reacting and working properly, the UI is simply not shown, as evidenced in this screenshot:

Stay iTuned for updates.
pleiadian
Deadly
Deadly

Re: The official UI overhaul challenge thread

Post by pleiadian »

Day 2... beginning experiments with UI rendering to find out how it works. Began with something simple, like, render a square over the current scene.

Result:

This gives me hope to achieve what I want, or something similar to it. We will see.

Next up, alpha transparency and custom converted TTF fonts.
pleiadian
Deadly
Deadly

Post by pleiadian »

More playing around and doing some testing. I have gotten a base construction to render windows. They support blending with the background, as you can see.

Using this technique, it might even be possible to create movable, fully interactive windows that can have... well, anything, really.

Have a look:

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

pleiadian wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:06 pm
More playing around and doing some testing. I have gotten a base construction to render windows. They support blending with the background, as you can see.

Using this technique, it might even be possible to create movable, fully interactive windows that can have... well, anything, really.

Have a look:

Was anything ever published on this? All the pictures have vanished - so it's a tad difficult to work out what it was about!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?