Dockables with no commodity markets.

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Dockables with no commodity markets.

Post by Duggan »

Well not strictly speaking true. They do have an F8 Commodity Market screen. All items are valued at 0 credits and there is never anything for sale. Big Ships, Behemoths, Sothis Stations and Mining outposts come readily to mind. I am not sure myself how to get these add ons to generate Markets with things to buy and be worth selling to as currently it is not worth while docking at these with a view to trading. Which is a shame because these dockables do add something to the immersion of the game.
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Dockables with no commodity markets.

Post by Cody »

Do you have the latest versions of those OXPs installed? I think they're available from the manager.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

I do indeed have the latest updates from the manager, though I don't think Sothis is currently supported, Big Ships, Like Behemoths and those beginning with the abbreviation TSK preceeding in their name are included in the Manager, I think Mining outposts are a part of the rescue stations add on and of course Jaguar Company base Asteroids also seem bereft of a useable market.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

First you can create an AddOns/CustomMarkets.oxp/Config/shipdata-overrides.plist file with blank market_definition for each dockables:

Code: Select all

{
    "dataKey_of_dockable1" = {
        "market_definition" = ();
    };
    "dataKey_of_dockable2" = {
        "market_definition" = ();
    };
}
This give markets identical to the primary system market.

Then you can make custom market rules.

Finally market scripts are the best, like spara's market fix for old oxps.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Behemoths are military vessels. They don't sell, they only buy. The market is empty of goods, but you should be able to sell. With the latest stable version of Oolite at least.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Mining outposts only buy and sell mining products. Again, with the latest stable version of Oolite.

So, if you have installed Rescue stations and Behemoths from the manager and they don't follow these rules, then there is a problem somewhere and it should be looked into.

Can you give some more info about these two? For example with the mining outpost a screenshot of the empty market and the system this happened in, so I can check it in person.
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

I think it is the older oxps creating the issue based upon the replies, Galactic Navy which as a part of its facelift require ; behemoths 2,6.1 and _3-4_ 1.1.1 along with behemoth_ncc_1.0.3, presumably Galactic Navy and Galactic Navy facelift oxps have their own behemoth ships too so It may be a question of simply removing all Galactic Navy related oxps.

That said the dockable big ships that begin TSK are from the manager running the latest oolite 1.84 and they too have a market where everything costs zero and they have nothing to buy.

I will remove all behemoth related oxps from my add on folder and install the behemoth oxz in the manager, With regard to Sothis I will attempt the work around linked in this thread. I will miss Galactic Navy if I have to remove it as it really increased the action .
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

I have tried both Norbys and Sparas methods for giving Sothis Stations a Market resulting in failure. I suspect the fixes provided are in XML and that Sothis is possibly written in NexTSTEP. as a result I think I am to be , on this occasion resigned to Sothis remaining a non market dockable. The only reason I keep Sothis is that they seem to attract Thargoid Carriers and theres Money to be made in sniping at those(after a while )
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Duggan wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:39 am
I have tried both Norbys and Sparas methods for giving Sothis Stations a Market resulting in failure. I suspect the fixes provided are in XML and that Sothis is possibly written in NexTSTEP. as a result I think I am to be , on this occasion resigned to Sothis remaining a non market dockable. The only reason I keep Sothis is that they seem to attract Thargoid Carriers and theres Money to be made in sniping at those(after a while )
Hmm.. send me a copy of Sothis (it's not available online anymore) and I'll take a crack at it, if you like.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Thank You Diziet Sma , I have pm'd you :) Edit.... I think I found it here https://app.box.com/s/jwz5fc63ld6jiuittp65 TheSixth One Down on the list .
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Duggan wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:54 pm
Thank You Diziet Sma , I have pm'd you :) Edit.... I think I found it here https://app.box.com/s/jwz5fc63ld6jiuittp65 TheSixth One Down on the list .

You're welcome. :)

Question: The sixth one down is Nuit. The eighth one down is Sothis. For now I've downloaded both, but it would help if you could confirm which one you want fixed.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Hi Diziet Sma , It is definitely Sothis OXP that I am after a Market for please :)

It is strange how my browser seems to have listed these retired oxps in a different order. I should point out that within the OXP Scripts , There appears the following text .. With acknowledgement and thanks to Eric Walsh

"this.name = "sothisscript.js";
this.author = "Eric Walsh";
this.copyright = "Do what you want with it"
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Duggan wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:39 am
I have tried both Norbys and Sparas methods for giving Sothis Stations a Market resulting in failure.

Hmm.. Spara's method worked just fine for me.. I suspect you might have inadvertently missed step 9. It now has a fairly normal system market.

• I haven't messed with the market monitoring, so the station won't do illegal goods checks.
  • I've added NPC traffic to give it more of a "lived-in" look, and tweaked the rotation rate to bring it more in line with other modern stations.
  • Station allegiance has been set to "chaotic" to allow even riff-raff to dock. So you may find you get more encounters with criminals as well. If this is undesirable, change allegiance to "galcop" and you'll see a more typical station situation.
  • The Station now allows fast-docking (because the lack of it was annoying me during testing).
  • I haven't messed with much else, so it still spawns as a secondary station in every system, meaning you won't be able to save or take contracts there.

You can download it here.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhqwo97a5bcgr ... p.zip?dl=0
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Thank you so very much for the time and effort Diziet in bringing this add on up to date, It may be worth adding this to the OXP List in the Wiki or even to the Manager as it does , I think have a use in the game, Particularly as it provides somewhere to dock ( probably while being under fire) in the unfortunate event of being stranded between systems in hostile witch space. :)
Cody

Post by Cody »

Duggan wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:21 am
... in the unfortunate event of being stranded between systems in hostile witch space.
The game should provide an escape from interstellar space, but it can be missed in the heat of a firefight.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!