Is there a known problem with DisplayReputation?

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Obsidian
Competent
Competent

Is there a known problem with DisplayReputation?

Post by Obsidian »

Hey, I recently completed a really huge cargo contract for gold. I go from 240,000 or so creds up to 420,000, but my Trader rep goes from Magnate(better than 300,000 profit) to -(that's MINUS!!!)500,000 profit and the discrepancy is bothering me. I lost part of the gold consignment to damage en route, but bought up gold at stations and rock hermits to make up the difference(and a heavy dose of actual piracy, yes I'll admit it :oops:); this would eat into profits, sure, but I can't wind up with -500,000 trade profit while my actual balance increases from 240,000 to 420,000. I'm perplexed.

1.) What's gone wrong?

2.) What do I edit to fix it? (my trader reputation... don't maintain the old saves to go back before my payday)

Barring advice here, my only option is to uninstall [wiki]DisplayReputation[/wiki], but I took such pride in my "Magnate" status after missing out on as much trade profit before adding it.

P.S. I assume Discussion is the right place for this? Didn't see any bug report type posts in Expansion sub-forum and I assumed the bug-report sub-forum is for core issues.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: Is there a known problem with DisplayReputation?

Post by Norby »

DisplayReputation just display the reputation values handled by the core game, uninstalling it does not change anything but you will not see your values.
Obsidian
Competent
Competent

Post by Obsidian »

Norby wrote:
DisplayReputation just display the reputation values handled by the core game, uninstalling it does not change anything but you will not see your values.
Thanks for the info, although I'm still perplexed by what happened. :lol: If I incurred a loss that dropped my trade figures to -500,000 then I should have had a negative bank balance, but it was 420,000 or so.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Norby wrote:
Trade profit tracking is not handled by the core game at all, though. I'm not sure this one is DisplayReputation - there was another OXP which tracked trade profits and I vaguely remember at least an early version of it having a bug where it didn't take cargo allocated to contracts into account properly. (I can't remember which one, though)

Obsidian: there'll be a mission variable in your save game which stores the profit data - if you post the OXP loading section of your Latest.log file it might help us track down which one.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

It's Market Observer OXP. I'm on it.
Obsidian
Competent
Competent

Post by Obsidian »

Thanks cim, spara's nailed the culprit.

Anyone interested in a great explanation can find it here (in the [wiki]MarketObserver[/wiki] thread): https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f= ... 42#p237170