2 Uber or not 2 Uber

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

2 Uber or not 2 Uber

Post by Alex »

Hasn't been up for discus for a while.

If you see it as cheating.. Well there is a cheat oxp for 'god' status.

I'm talking about modifying your ship for your fun.
Years ago (RT) I bought a Caduceus Omega. After a few flights I thought mmm..
So opened it and made some changes;
Reduced the pitch and roll rate, couldn't hold a bead on a target. Way too twitchy for me.

Increased the top speed by about 25%. For the times I have to run away, without fuel for injectors.

Increased cargo tonage. Over the years by steps, ended with 500. Nothing to do with the profit. Was already at a multi million C rate. Made trade fun not need.
You'll be amazzed how fast 500T fills when your not scrimping for creds.

Added 3 turrets to the rear. 1 centre above engine ports, 1 each side of engine ports. Had a lot of help from the guys on here to do that. (yous know who yous are) I'm not much of a programmer.
Though now I'm playing V1.80 and the ReverseControl oxp works, the tail turrets may find themselves decomissioned.
Will leave as is for now.
New Joystick with more abilities to get used to first. Still not activating 'Yaw' control.

This is the Ooniverse.. Newtonians only have what we give them.

So How have you Oobered/changed your ship for your fun?
And how do you justifie it to yourself? :lol:
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
If you do not see "Press Space" more often than you want.. Your not trying!
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: 2 Uber or not 2 Uber

Post by Thargoid »

I cheated even more (aside from writing the [EliteWiki] Oocheat OXP), and wrote [EliteWiki] Vortex OXP... :twisted:
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Alex »

Do you have a save game with all the baddies and an OOOOber ship for when you just want to.. Well..
:twisted: :lol: :lol: :twisted:

I haven't loaded the oocheat.
When I feel that game. I load in a Galactic Navy system with full fuel and jumpset for nearest system.
Then ATTACK the navy.
Never got to use the jump.
Longest I've managed, a shad under 6 mins. And that's in the Gertrude Oblitz. Caddy with mods and full comp Mil missiles with thargoid re prog drones.
Most times I don't even get to fire whole comp.

Method so far;
Get as close as possible to the biggest navy craft as possible without nudging it, side on to it's biggest flat side, over heat side mil laser, roll 180 overheat that too..
Mayhem ensues.
Tip.
Try to use the station as a shield.
Ye right, that worked for all of "Press Space"

If you ever get over 5 mins without 'god' mode trying that. Post it.
Maybe under "White Knuckle Death"
ps I don't have an escape pod. Tis a game for fun.
"Press Space" OOps, Reload.
:D
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
metatheurgist
Competent
Competent

Post by metatheurgist »

There's an OXP that lets you buy a couple of combat drones. They (IMO) got damaged too easily and cost too much to replace so I made them immortal. Because I really hate ECM hardened missiles I made a Point Defence Laser OXP to shoot missiles, it wasn't very effective. For a while I had it shoot all hostiles for laughs, that really made the game a breeze. So I made an anti-missile drone OXP instead which was almost 100% effective. It was fun watching them chase missiles on the radar. That's the extent of my cheating.
Alex
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Alex »

metatheurgist wrote:
There's an OXP that lets you buy a couple of combat drones.
There is one for reprogrammed thargoid drones. At least 5 of them. Don't remember of hand how many. They are quite effective and you can pick them up again after.
Oops, Just went looking for the link to them, it was called 'captured thargons'. Doesn't seem to be there anymore.
Here's the description with oxp;

"Captured Thargons OXP by Thargoid.

Following some recent advances in drone technology and analysis of alien artifacts, the Aquarian Shipbuilding Corporation are proud to be able to offer their latest equipment in the fight against the Thargoid threat. Having taken some captured Thargon robot fighters and reprogrammed them, these can now be slaved to any ship and used in combat in much the same way that the aliens do.
Control is achieved via a special controller, which mounts onto an available missile pylon on the ship. When this is triggered (as with a normal missile or mine), the Thargon fighters are released. They search for alien or hostile craft in the vicinity, and ruthlessly attack any that they find. After combat, the fighters will attempt to return to the vicinity of the ship, where they can be scooped using the crafts fuel scoops for repair and reuse.
Note that this modification should only be fitted once per craft, and requires fuel scoops to be present. It also only works with the specially reprogrammed Thargon fighters. Any other hostile alien ones cannot be manipulated by this technology, and if scooped will class as "alien items" in the normal way.

The system is available from any tech level 12+ planet, for 5500 credits. Lost or destroyed Thargons can also be replaced at a cost of 1000 credits each, again from tech 12+ systems.

Requires Oolite v1.72 or later."

Wonder why they were removed? Saves my bacon often.

Eh Thargoid, Any chance of a ressurection?
LOOK OUT!!!
OOPS..
"Press Space" Commander
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Alex wrote:
Eh Thargoid, Any chance of a ressurection?
There most certainly is - try [EliteWiki] Lazarus (if you dare).
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
metatheurgist
Competent
Competent

Post by metatheurgist »

The OXP I was referring to was Aquatics, also by Thargoid. That was back in 1.76.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Combat Drones & Captured Thargons are merged into Thargoid's Armoury OXP.
ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ClymAngus »

I kind of released all the uber ships I built as oxps. Then spend a great deal of time worming them into the mythos.
I have spend a great deal of my oolite career negotiating/cajoling/convincing people of the legitimacy, of the lunacy I create.