Elite Federation headquarters

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Elite Federation headquarters

Post by phkb »

The Wiki refers to the Elite Federation, or the Federation of Elite Pilots, in relation to the rating system (Harmless, Mostly Harmless, etc). Click here and here for details. I was wondering if this body has a headquarters anywhere. Are there any fictional accounts, or general information relating to where this organisation operates from? Does it actually have a known operation base, or does it do its function without the need of an official base?

I was thinking of establishing a planet in each sector, probably in the GalCenter area, that would be the headquarters of the Elite Federation in that sector. I just didn't want to make something up if something was already made up.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Elite Federation headquarters

Post by Diziet Sma »

I'm not aware of anything in that regard, but there's a reasonable amount of fiction I've yet to read..
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

phkb wrote:
The Wiki refers to the Elite Federation, or the Federation of Elite Pilots, in relation to the rating system (Harmless, Mostly Harmless, etc). Click here and here for details. I was wondering if this body has a headquarters anywhere. Are there any fictional accounts, or general information relating to where this organisation operates from? Does it actually have a known operation base, or does it do its function without the need of an official base?
Raxxla, probably ... ;)

Oolite operates on the "loose canon" method, appropriately enough ... set your organisations where you want them, and make them work the way it pleases you. If someone else has a different idea, they are free to go their own way. And the best and richest canons always contain different angles and opinions, anyway.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

<nods sagely>
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
ralph_hh
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ralph_hh »

Looking at the chances to survive until one has made more than 6000 kills.. loking back at the rate but nevertheless occuring shamefull moments when I had to read <press space commander>...
I doubt that in my OOniverse there are more then a handfull of ELITE pilotes that makes it worth to maintain a meeting point somewhere in the 6 galaxies.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Keeping in mind that most 'Elite' pilots got there by basically killing everything in sight, I suspect a meeting between two of them would be more Celebrity Death Match than quiet chat over a pint. :wink:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
phkb
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Thanks for the help, everyone! I'm doing the "lets make something up" route, full-steam ahead!
Venator Dha
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Venator Dha »

Smivs wrote:
Keeping in mind that most 'Elite' pilots got there by basically killing everything in sight, I suspect a meeting between two of them would be more Celebrity Death Match than quiet chat over a pint. :wink:
Or be sheltered accommodation for old pilots - as the saying goes "there's old pilots and bold pilots, but not old bold pilots"
Taurus Driving through the galaxy since... .