Zygo Sketches Thread!

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Zygo Sketches Thread!

Post by ZygoUgo »

Welcome to my ideas thread, these here be for inspiration, if something is interesting to you and you want something more specific, just put a request here and I'm sure one of my breaks at work will produce something that may or may not be useful to you :wink:

ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Zygo Sketches Thread!

Post by ZygoUgo »

These are my asteroid/castle ideas, some very basic and some initial ideas for modular parts..

Disembodied
Jedi Spam Assassin
Jedi Spam Assassin

Post by Disembodied »

I like the idea of sentinel-type statues guarding the docking port: they could be made to slowly rotate, to alarm anyone old enough to remember The Sentinel ...
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

ZygoUgo wrote:
Welcome to my ideas thread, these here be for inspiration, if something is interesting to you and you want something more specific, just put a request here and I'm sure one of my breaks at work will produce something that may or may not be useful to you :wink:

This invokes images of Van Gogh's Starry Night in my mind.
Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Shipbuilder »

I think that the feudal fortress city landing plaza is a great idea and would make a great addition to your OXPs.
The GalTech Industries Corporation - Building ships to populate the galaxies.

Increase the variety of ships within your Ooniverse by downloading my OXPs

Flying the [wiki]Serpent_Class_Cruiser[/wiki] "Thargoid's Bane"
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

@Tricky: Alas tis just a filter from PS CS6 to smarten it up a bit :wink:
@Shipbuilder: I would love to put all these ideas together but here I'm just throwing ideas at the board.
Maybe I'll get round to making some of this stuff one day but others are more than welcome to use these ideas in their own works for Oolite, a lot of things I'll be posting here will just be ideas I had on my break, I'll never find the time to make them all :roll:
Perhaps this thread should be moved to discussion?

This is an idea for a station found hovering round gas giants and the various other vehicles that float about below it collecting, and a couple that would only appear in notices or as information about the company..

ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Security/tournament droids for Fuedal Lodges and main stations..

ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

This was just an idea for a daft sub-game for when you docked. Basically there was a chance of gaining one of these pets, when you docked you get the choice on F4 wether to let the pet out, which runs off. if you are lucky and it returns, it may bring an item it has picked up with it, or you will get a bill for damage, or it has just run about harmlessly. The more often it returns the more likely it is to return, so gaining its loyalty. If you do not feed it regularily with which ever item it eats from your bay it may wreck your cargo or die. The marines bear is a different kettle of fish and can be used to wreak havoc in pirate and anarchy stations, and your ships vitals if not careful in looking after it.
These are only very initial sketches as I wasn't really taken to develop it further.

These are various shuttles to improve variety between station and planet, suggestion and more active and varied world..

Various drop ships, rescue and leisure..

Some random designs, I especially like the Thargoid-Abductor UFO..

ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Here are some specific races I was designing for use in missions or even as tourist/historical information..

Some various creature ideas for mention/smuggling/hunting, mostly just mixing words but some sound quite good..

ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Here are various dock occupants, the construction type vehicles are awaiting shipment down to the surface. Due to their size they are often transported between poorer worlds and constructed in factories off world.

ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

DURAN is the company name under which my ships are to be built, pending my mastering of modelling or old age, which ever comes first. Either way here are the designs in order of the company story, including the Sky-Witch that bankrupted Duran until its unexpected reprisal as a military transport, at which point Duran found itself in the position of being able to build the luxury vessels it had always dreamed of..
If any one wishes to use any of these designs fell free but please credit duran as its producer, if I ever get the hang of high-low poly ship modelling I may update your model :)

ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Droids will be added here..

GalCop Patrol droid

Aquatic worlds security marine

These guys are special as they are intended to appear as VHV (Virtual Holo-Vision) stars, so their image would be on t-shirts and random posters with the slogan 'Check-in or Check-out!'.
Essentially their cop show is about them being decommissioned GalCop/Marine Police droids who due to loop holes have ended up being undecommissionable, despite being several hundred years past their best before date, and therefore very cranky. The up to date inspectors are constantly trying to find ways to get rid of them or demote them to litter patrol, but due to beurocracy and their unorthodox methods, remain successful gang-busters.

Gouanaco
Competent
Competent

Post by Gouanaco »

damn, these look awesome XD
Wish i could draw like that :P

Some of those look like something that could be Oolite/Elite ah... forgot what its called but like its original design artwork. :D

Some of those robots look "awesome" XD
Commander: Gouanaco
Ship: { Cobra Mark III }
Galaxy: [1]
Legal Status: Clean
Rating: Average (63)
Career: Trader/Bounty Hunter
Cash: 12 956.4@ (credits)
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Wow, there's some interesting stuff there :)
I like the 'comic' look - much of it reminds me of early 200AD artwork.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

:shock: Amazed. I must look into these images in detail but some serious good sketches. You are very talented! :D
EDITED to ADD: Simply AMAZING. Some Designs Should be made. A lot of good station ideas. Also love your races and pets and inhabitants!
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709