SPY HUNTER MISSION

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

HUMPERS
Above Average
Above Average

SPY HUNTER MISSION

Post by HUMPERS »

Hi All,

I've just received the spy hunter mission in galaxy 1.

Am i missing something or is the ship impossible to kill?

I have completed the mission but this was due to the spy courier crashing into another ship that was attacking it whilst i was engaged in a dog fight with the courier. Is there an art to completing this mission?

I've spent the best part of an hour shooting it with military lasers front and aft as it approaches but no joy. And worryingly still, no sign of any smoke damage trailing behind the ship.

I have a military Stingray.

I do have another saved file with a Vortex but I missed the Spy hunter mission when I first started playing Oolite about a year ago and that saved file has me in galaxy 3. I was going to do this mission eventually via the vortex when i finally jumped back into Galaxy 1.

However, following new purchase of PC and the opportunity to put all the oxp's on, I started oolite again from the very beginning.

Is it possible to kill/destroy the Spy Courier via laser through dogfight alone?

I am running Oolite 1.75.1.

Any ideas?
Mauiby de Fug
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: SPY HUNTER MISSION

Post by Mauiby de Fug »

I had quite a bit of trouble killing it, as have various others. You can find some tips here...

As an aside, I'd also recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of Oolite, 1.75.3.
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Selezen »

It's designed to be difficult to kill - it's a military vessel with slightly different technology and an Elite pilot at the helm, so the stats for the ship reflect that.

I make no apologies... ;-)
richard.a.p.smith
Deadly
Deadly

Post by richard.a.p.smith »

Hi all

I just went through this mission with 1.76.1 and no errors appear to have been generated at any point. From memory the OXP list entry is blank for 1.76 compatibility; can't check as it's not working right now but at least I can post the success story here.

There's another thread about this mission - https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3783 - I'll post this there or maybe the threads should be merged or something.

Thanks for writing the mission, Selezen.

Rich