Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Oolite 1.76.1

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Re: Oolite 1.76.1

Post by Fatleaf »

I had a chance to have a go with this and found a few issues with my test ship a Caduceus Omega. I had no issues with my Player ship an S9 (did I tell anyone that I love that ship?)

The first problem I found was when I had the EQ_MILITARY_JAMMER. it does weird things to the equipment, as in it disappears! Much like this commanders problem. It also makes half of the equipment in the stations outfitting list (F3) disappear as well! Once I removed the military jammer from the save file it all was as per normal.

The second issue I found was that the turrets rate of fire was dramatically increased to the point of it being very boring very quickly. I tried to give the turrets a fire_rate entry but no matter what I tried I could not slow the rate down. Could it be that the Caduceus uses its own style of turrets and not a standard ball turret?
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Welcome back to the Board, Leafy.
Your vegetative input has been sorely missed. :D
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Fatleaf

Post by Fatleaf »

Smivs wrote:
Welcome back to the Board, Leafy.
Your vegetative input has been sorely missed. :D
Thanks your Pumpkinness :wink:
I will be coming and going, but the comings will get more frequent and the goings less so!!! :roll:
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

El Viejo wrote:
No new features in 1.76.1, just a bunch of bug-fixes (which is good)!
Hmmm... It seems I used to be rewarded for enemies destroyed from the cascading of a Q-Mine - as long as they were on radar (but not necessarily from the initial explosion), but now it seems as though I'm not credited. Was this a bug?

Also - I miss the 'scoop' 'scoop' 'scoop' while I was scooping as well :D .
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
---------------------------
At the helm of the Caduceus Omega, 'Murderous Morrígan'
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

CommRLock78 wrote:
It seems I used to be rewarded for enemies destroyed from the cascading of a Q-Mine - as long as they were on radar (but not necessarily from the initial explosion), but now it seems as though I'm not credited.
Whereas I'm sure we weren't. As a regular user of the Q-Bomb for relaxation and recreation purposes, I'm sure that didn't happen in any version that came after 1.65 (up to and before that I don't know.)

(Now watch me get proven wrong...)
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

SandJ wrote:
CommRLock78 wrote:
It seems I used to be rewarded for enemies destroyed from the cascading of a Q-Mine - as long as they were on radar (but not necessarily from the initial explosion), but now it seems as though I'm not credited.
Whereas I'm sure we weren't. As a regular user of the Q-Bomb for relaxation and recreation purposes, I'm sure that didn't happen in any version that came after 1.65 (up to and before that I don't know.)

(Now watch me get proven wrong...)
Kill awards for secondary Q-mine explosions were removed at some point, but I think it was relatively recently (I haven't found it in a cursory browsing of the release notes of 1.75-1.76.1, though). Previously, you could pimp your kill count considerably by paying the Tionisla Orbital Graveyard a visit. :mrgreen: This is no longer possible. :P
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Commander McLane wrote:
Previously, you could pimp your kill count considerably by paying the Tionisla Orbital Graveyard a visit. :mrgreen: This is no longer possible. :P
That was a different thing though, wasn't it? (I think I discovered Oolite just about the time that 'feature' was taken away.)
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Eric Walch
Slightly Grand Rear Admiral

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:
Kill awards for secondary Q-mine explosions were removed at some point, but I think it was relatively recently (I haven't found it in a cursory browsing of the release notes of 1.75-1.76.1, though).
You are right. In the past the old cascade owner was transferred to the cascading explosion. Now its removed. But I am not sure if this was intentional or missed during some code change. Being unintentional would explain why it is not in the release notes.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

Eric Walch wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
Kill awards for secondary Q-mine explosions were removed at some point, but I think it was relatively recently (I haven't found it in a cursory browsing of the release notes of 1.75-1.76.1, though).
You are right. In the past the old cascade owner was transferred to the cascading explosion. Now its removed. But I am not sure if this was intentional or missed during some code change. Being unintentional would explain why it is not in the release notes.
When I revisited the Orbital Graveyard, this led to an error:

Code: Select all

23:01:52.965 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (tgy_dodo 1.0): TypeError: killer is null
It seems that the station was killed by a secondary explosion, thus the owner was null.

Also, I found these in the log, possibly unrelated:

23:01:51.404 [exception]: ***** Exception during [update:entity [<ShipEntity 0x12a391200>{"Fuel Silo" position: (128619, 23066, 439001) scanClass: CLASS_CARGO status: STATUS_DEAD}]] in [Universe update:] : NSGenericException : *** Collection <NSCFDictionary: 0x11dcf6890> was mutated while being enumerated.<CFBasicHash 0x11dcf6890 [0x7fff7076fee0]>{type = mutable dict, count = 1,
entries =>
	1 : <CFString 0x11dc72460 [0x7fff7076fee0]>{contents = "722"} = <CFString 0x11dc98dd0 [0x7fff7076fee0]>{contents = "17.880709 -23.545185 -23.720695"}
}

23:07:10.971 [exception]: ***** Exception during [update:entity [<ShipEntity 0x12a4f3400>{"Fuel Silo" position: (124237, 55483.2, 429465) scanClass: CLASS_CARGO status: STATUS_DEAD}]] in [Universe update:] : NSGenericException : *** Collection <NSCFDictionary: 0x11a8205b0> was mutated while being enumerated.<CFBasicHash 0x11a8205b0 [0x7fff7076fee0]>{type = mutable dict, count = 3,
entries =>
	2 : <CFString 0x11839fa50 [0x7fff7076fee0]>{contents = "959"} = <CFString 0x11dc8ffe0 [0x7fff7076fee0]>{contents = "32.995193 0.008429 -0.002609"}
	3 : <CFString 0x1183a5f80 [0x7fff7076fee0]>{contents = "961"} = <CFString 0x11a8896a0 [0x7fff7076fee0]>{contents = "21.976665 -36.290749 1.900687"}
	4 : <CFString 0x1183f12a0 [0x7fff7076fee0]>{contents = "965"} = <CFString 0x11da86210 [0x7fff7076fee0]>{contents = "5.334826 -36.575024 25.044971"}
}
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

Commander McLane wrote:
Previously, you could pimp your kill count considerably by paying the Tionisla Orbital Graveyard a visit. :mrgreen: This is no longer possible. :P
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , too funny!

I could swear that I used to be rewarded - but perhaps I wasn't paying close enough attention - I did after all, obliterate a naval satellite without looking at my radar, thinking it was a Thargoid satellite.
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11819

I wasn't able to find anything about it in my quick browse of the changelog either.

Now that I have Oolite running on both computers (mostly), I think I'll experiment with this one and get back to the board, since 1.76 is still on my old system, I can try out some Q-Bombs and see what happens.
Last edited by CommRLock78 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

Eric Walch wrote:
Commander McLane wrote:
Interesting thought. I do recall seeing the listing appear on my screen as opponents were destroyed.
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

SandJ wrote:
As a regular user of the Q-Bomb for relaxation and recreation purposes
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ! The only problem to that is the cost - those suckers get expensive :wink: . I've gotten to be a big fan of the energy bomb.... kinda like the sound that accompanies it, too :mrgreen: .
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Eric Walch wrote:
In the past the old cascade owner was transferred to the cascading explosion. Now its removed. But I am not sure if this was intentional or missed during some code change. Being unintentional would explain why it is not in the release notes.
Chain breakage was added in r4241(February 2011) By Ahruman with comment: "More ParticleEntity breakupage". There were a lot of changes. I have no idea what was the reason behind the removal of the ownership of the secondary explosions. You don't get the credits for those kills, but on the other side you are also not blamed for those kills. :P
Commander McLane wrote:
When I revisited the Orbital Graveyard, this led to an error:

23:01:52.965 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (tgy_dodo 1.0): TypeError: killer is null
It seems that the station was killed by a secondary explosion, thus the owner was null.
That sounds correct. the owner of the secondary explosion is now the primary explosion. And when that died out, it becomes null.
Its now a bug that the oxp did not anticipate a null. Apparently because during testing before the core change, the player was always the owner and there was never a null. At least this is a harmless error that the player never will notice.
Last edited by Eric Walch on Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

Eric Walch wrote:
Chain breakage was added in r4241(February 2011) By Ahruman with comment: "More ParticleEntity breakupage". There were a lot of changes. I have no idea what was the reason behind the removal of the ownership of the secondary explosions. You don't get the credits for those kills, but on the other side you are also not blamed for those kills. :P
I guess that's a plus, but since I only just reached * Deadly * today, as a matter of fact (on my first Oolite commander, too :D ), I've still got a lot more pirates to whack before I get my Elite badge :twisted: .
Eric Walch

Post by Eric Walch »

Commander McLane wrote:
Also, I found these in the log, possibly unrelated:

23:01:51.404 [exception]: ***** Exception during [update:entity [<ShipEntity 0x12a391200>{"Fuel Silo" position: (128619, 23066, 439001) scanClass: CLASS_CARGO status: STATUS_DEAD}]] in [Universe update:] : NSGenericException : *** Collection <NSCFDictionary: 0x11dcf6890> was mutated while being enumerated.<CFBasicHash 0x11dcf6890 [0x7fff7076fee0]>{type = mutable dict, count = 1,
entries =>
	1 : <CFString 0x11dc72460 [0x7fff7076fee0]>{contents = "722"} = <CFString 0x11dc98dd0 [0x7fff7076fee0]>{contents = "17.880709 -23.545185 -23.720695"}
}
This is part of the shipGroup code. No idea though how the "Fuel Silo's" become part of a ship group. It are subents of the tanker or single floating 'containers'.