Hasbro, the Open Games License, and some interesting offers

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Cody

ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Hasbro, the Open Games License, and some interesting offers

Post by ffutures »

As some of you will know, Hasbro are allegedly about to modify the terms of the Open Games license which lets tabletop RPG publishers use the rules system behind D&D (and by now half the other RPGs out there), which is probably going to mean that some games will have to cease publication. This has aroused a lot of interest in RPGs that don't use that system.

One interesting result is that Chosium have just dropped the price of the 400-page PDF version of Basic Role Playing - the percentage-based system behind all of their early games including Runequest, Call of Cthulhu, Superworld, etc. - to 99 cents for the next ten days.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/24 ... oleplaying

There's actually two different versions with different file sizes, not quite sure why yet.

Another is that there's a bundle of assorted non-OGL games on offer - for fantasy genres like D&D - at a reasonably low price, again for ten days.

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/NonOGLFantasy
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Hasbro, the Open Games License, and some interesting offers

Post by Redspear »

ffutures wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:15 am
One interesting result is that Chosium have just dropped the price of the 400-page PDF version of Basic Role Playing - the percentage-based system behind all of their early games including Runequest, Call of Cthulhu, Superworld, etc. - to 99 cents for the next ten days.
I remember them. Thanks ffutures, I'll check it out.